Yamaha YSP-2200 soundbar

louisg

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Yamaha new soundbar looks interesting slim design and very small compared to others.
Is this the best soundbar they sell now or is the 4100 and 5100 classed as there best soundbars?

Yamaha new soundbar looks interesting slim design and very small compared to others.
Is this the best soundbar they sell now or is the 4100 and 5100 classed as there best soundbars?

Could be wrong here, but I cant see it being as good sonically, as your ysp1100 or my ysp1000 for that matter. I originally was considering the smaller (less drive units 24 opposed to 42) ysp800.

At the time the price difference wasn't that great but listening to both in the shop, there was quite a big difference in performance so walked out with the bigger ysp1000. Conclusion with this technology size does matter, and hence why the sub, which probably handles some midrange as well, possibly similar to the Wharfedale PPS1 nxt system.

I have had the 2200 for just under a week. I love the sound, although as my Tv is in a corner with a settee close by so the surround effect is compromised.

Could be wrong here, but I cant see it being as good sonically, as your ysp1100 or my ysp1000 for that matter. I originally was considering the smaller (less drive units 24 opposed to 42) ysp800.

At the time the price difference wasn't that great but listening to both in the shop, there was quite a big difference in performance so walked out with the bigger ysp1000. Conclusion with this technology size does matter, and hence why the sub, which probably handles some midrange as well, possibly similar to the Wharfedale PPS1 nxt system.

I went from 800 to 1100 and there's deffinately a difference.

I think the 4200 and 5200 are there two top models then.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom