Yamaha YSP-2200 Richer Sounds Price Guarantee

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Mart099, Dec 31, 2011.

1. Mart099

Mart099
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just bought one yesterday to go with my Samsung 55D8000. Excellent piece of kit and very easy to setup.
    I got a great deal which should be available for a couple more days while the sales are on. Richer Sounds have a price guarantee which they honour.

This is what I did. Richer were selling it at £750, I found 2 deals on the net for £699. I showed the salesman these in my iPhone he called them to check they were in stock. He matched that price and gave me an additional £10 off. So the unit cost me £689. Awesome price in my opinion and better still took it home there and then (no waiting until after new year)

Watched a BlueRay and plated Modern Warfare 3 on the xbox the depth and surround experience is amazing.

2. SANDYRAM

SANDYRAM
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I got my YSP 2200 from Richer sounds over the phone on 27th Dec and got it for £ 590. Provided them the link of a webpage (exceptional AV.co.uk) who were retailing it athat price and they price matched it and received it in 2 days.

3. Mart099

Mart099
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    wow SANDYRAM - that makes my deal look crap -nice one mate.

How are you finding the YSP-2200 - love ine to bits - you found anything worth sharing, tips etc....are you getting the surround sound working from behind you?

Also if you have a SmartTV you may need optical for that to work through soundbar - my Samsung SmartHub does not direct through HDMI.

4. SANDYRAM

SANDYRAM
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi Mart099,

Am thrilled to bits with the YSP-2200. I've watched movies on SKY and the experience is great. The surround sound effect is good. This is how I have connected...

SKY HD+ Optical OUT to YSP 2200 Opical IN
    SKY HD+ HDMI OUT to HDMI 1 of TV
    Blue Ray HDMI to YSP 2200 HDMI 1
    YSP HDMI OUT to TV HDMI 2

My TV is a 42 " PFL 9664 and has the SMART features. I used the Intellibeam mic for the setup, I did not use the cardboad stand provided but used it on op of my camera tripod. At the moment the only adujustments I do is to increase the Subwoofer volume up or down. Let me know your experiences as well.

Cheers