Quantcast

Yamaha YSP-1600 Soundbar Review

gargoyle67

I'm on the lookout for a decent sound bar, why would I choose the Q Acoustics M4 over the Yamaha 1600 ? I've also seen the YSP-4100 second hand at a good price.

Last edited:

toynlet

Novice Member
Trying to decide between this combined with the Sonos Connect or the Sonos Playbar. The Playbar puts me off due to it's lack of connectivity. Can anyone comment on the sound quality between the two?

Aryn86

So is this considered a replacement or upgrade for the YSP 2500? also what else does is in Yamaha's supposedly extensive 2016 soundbar range? I mean we've got this and the YSP 5600 is there anything in between?

Dunners

My understanding is that you'll see a host of new Yamaha soundbars in the coming months...
The obvious gaps are a soundbar with a wireless sub + a surround sound bar with a wireless sub.

lgv0000

Standard Member
This is a great sound bar , truly 5.1 even with my current setup in the corner of a room. Movies sound great and there are enough DSP settings to please many tastes, although the Music one sounds more like the music is recorded in an empty room (too artificial for my taste). Connectivity is top class, with Bluetooth and AirPlay , shame though that it only has 1 HDMI in and one out, but at least they are ARC and HDCP2.2 for some future proofing. The only negative I find is that it takes ages to switch between sources or when you turn it on from Stand by( it takes a good 30 seconds for picture and sound to appear although I'm hoping is not my set up ).There is enough bass even with the standard built in subwoofer; you also have the choice of adding a proper subwoofer to it's dedicated jack. All in all, you won't be disappointed if you go for it.

Darrenj69

Standard Member
I literally just bought a Q Acoustics M4 before I even noticed this Yamaha product selling at pretty much the same price. I have my own Sub which I'll be connecting so not worried about bass performance from the unit itself but Im now worried Ive chosen the wrong product?

I wanted something which would produce a surround sound effect so should I have chosen the Yamaha over the Q Acoustics? also connectivity seems better

samgamgee

Think Ive decided on this due to the HDMI over the M4.

It is quite a big brute of a soundbar though so not sure if it might look a bit out of place

Russ_64

I love mine too, for TV and some Sky movies but use AVR for movies.
Base is pretty decent and you can use an external sub-woofer if you want to feel the base.

samgamgee

I love mine too, for TV and some Sky movies but use AVR for movies.
Base is pretty decent and you can use an external sub-woofer if you want to feel the base.
Thanks. Im torn between this and the pricier 2700 but thats got an external woofer. Not really wanting the space taken up but that model does sound superb.

LeoMello

Novice Member
Ho there! Do you guys think its a still good deal for 2018? Just Love this bar but it lacks some dated tech... Do you think it's still worth for the quality of sound?

Trending threads

Top Bottom