Yamaha YSP 1000

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by daddyp, Aug 28, 2006.

1. daddyp

daddyp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm in the process of sourcing some kit for my Uncle and just have a few questions.

They've decided to go for the yamaha ysp1000 because they don't want speakers everywhere! but from what I can gather people using the ysp800 have all said that you need a sub. Is that the case with the 1000?

If so I'll have to start looking for one to go with it. It'll need to be fairly unobtrusive as looks do play a major part in their decisions. They aren't audiophiles or tech minded, they're just doing an extension and want a good setup. I get dragged into the decision making process because I enjoy researching these types of things, but I've become a bit stuck with this one.

It'll be partnered with a panasonic 42lx600 that will be wall mounted. If that helps.

Thanks

Daddyp

2. noshoulders

noshoulders

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    I'd say you (and you're uncle) have to listen to the YSP before you buy a sub, it has reasonable low range as standard, it's not a true sub-like rumble but definitely worth checking out first.

3. noshoulders

noshoulders

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    of course if they're in the process of building/installing, for the sake of a £5 cable, make sure they get it grouted along with the other cables.

4. daddyp

daddyp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that. We're basically going to put all the cables in, such as HDMI etc that he's likely to need and stow them away. He is big into war films and Lord of the rings, so he might well want to go for one, but we'll definatly have to source one for a demo