1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yamaha YSP-1000

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by rowlandhills, Sep 23, 2005.

1. rowlandhills

rowlandhills

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    I've been thinking about getting a Yamaha YSP-1, but have recently heard a bit about the new replacement, the YSP-1000. I've been searching on the net for a few days, and found some new info this morning, from the German website.

For more info, take a look at this link which is in English!

In particular, this clarifies something I've been trying to sort out about the video connections. Many articles/comments have referred to the YSP-1000 having two component video inputs, but this photo:

[​IMG]

clarifies that it has component video outputs too! :clap:

I think this is beginning to make it the perfect simple tool for many situations. I'm going to use it so that I just run one set of component cables from YSP-1000 to my screen, and then I can plug everything else directly into the YSP-1000, which should clear up my cabling mess no end.

It also looks like the price will be slightly cheaper than the old YSP-1, as it's already available from the likes of Peter Tyson for under £700.

As far as I'm concerned, it's a no-brainer to wait for this one, rather than buying a YSP-1 now...

2. BeelzebubUK

BeelzebubUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    My thoughts exactly although I don't really need the component as I'll have the Pioneer Media box to hide most of my cables behind :)

As soon as my new 0% credit card arrives I'll be placing an order....hopefuly they will be in stock soon as I've just seen that the YSP-1 is now out of stock at Peter Tyson.