Yamaha YSP 1000 Soundbar problem

chaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi I own a rather old sound Bar the Yamaha 1000 I was hoping to use it with my new TV in the bedroom which is a Hisence R50200TUK but I am having a problem how to connect it. as the Yamaha sound has only component inputs but also has 2 optical outputs for DVD/Sat TV.
My Sony DVD player has only HDMI output and my Virgin Box is the same so do I plug them both into the TV HDMI sockets and the optical Cable from the Yamaha sound bar into the optical in the Hisence TV to get everything to work? Thanks

Source device HDMI Out > HDMI In on the TV.
TV Optical Out > Optical Input on the YSP.

You select Optical Input on the Soundbar and then simply toggle the TV between its HDMI Inputs, TV tuner and any onboard Streaming Apps.

If the TV Optical audio can be set to ‘Variable’ you can also adjust the sound level via the TV remote.

Joe

Thanks Joe for answering that for me with all your knowledge I know this soundbar is old ( But picked it up for £68 ) do you think it is still good or I do have this one Sony HTF150 would that be better to use. I know I would not get full surround sound with either of them but just a hint of surround sound I would not mind. Thanks

YSP-1000 is a decent option though anything other than a room with four walls, straight on viewing and non-corner placement and you are likely to find Stereo or ‘three beam’ delivers the best audio.

The onboard PSU is the part which tends to fail when they go wrong.

Joe

Last edited:
Thank you very Much for your advice Joe Take Care

Sorry Joe What do you think of the Sony soundbar Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom