Yamaha YSP-1/YSP-800 & Amp combo possible??

ukguy4672

Novice Member
I am a bit of a newbie when it comes to all things audio so this might sound strange or silly even - but here goes anyway...

At present, I have regular B&W front L/R speakers and MA SFX surrounds which I use with my rx-v657.

What I want to do is get rid of the individual speakers+wires and replace them with a YSP-1 (which I have heard good things about) but still keep the connection flexibility that my amp provides.

So my question is, is it possible to channel the output from my rx-v657 to the YSP-1? If so, would there be any adverse affect on sound quality as opposed to my current set-up.

THE main reason I want to do this is to get rid of all those damn wires!!! The other half isn't too happy either and has threatened to take drastic action unless I sort it out!!

My own thoughts that this should be possible through one of the rx-v657 digital outs?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Dfour

Would it not be cheaper to just route the cables under the carpet or into the skirting boards??

As good as the YSP-1 has been rpeorted to be I would dought it would be as goos as your current setup sepecially in stereo.

Maybe have a look at Yamaha's web site to find out about connection setup with a YSP-1.

Gary_W

I had a YSP-1 for a few days. It went back to Costco.

Nice, wide front soundstage. Rear effects nowhere near as potent as having speakers there. Stereo performance absolutely rotten compared to a pair of speakers. Don't consider it without a decent sub.

In short, OK for movies (with sub), though still not as good as proper speakers. Forget it for music.

So it will cost you £700 ish for the YSP-1 and same again for a half decent sub. Alternatively, you can buy some fairly expensive dead flat wire and run invisibly under the carpet. Cannot imagine that costing you much more than £150 even for a sizable room and it will far outperform the YSP (In my opinion, of course).

Gary

Top Bottom