Yamaha YS-5600 Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Soundbars, Soundplates & Soundbases' started by oldfart, Sep 2, 2017.

Tags:
  1. oldfart

oldfart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Hi guys, I was reading with interest the YS-5600 review here on AV Forums and looking at reviews in general on the internet seems to get very favourable reviews and I have had my eye on this for some time. If i take the plunge the only place it could be positioned is on a solid wall just behind and slightly above an LG 38" ultra wide monitor. I would connect an ATV and Amazon Fire Stick and possibly a 4K player in the future then connect to the LG. Obviously I would have to get the wall mount also so in a sense unless I could position the wall mount without any physical damage to it that would be the point of no return so to speak ( Returning for a refund ). With that in mind here are a few questions to be answered if possible.
    1) Would putting the sound bar in this position be suitable.
    2) I would be seated closer to the sound bar than the suggested distance of 1.8m, Would that matter.
    3) How effective is it being fed by streaming services films etc.

The sound bar would not be used for music, Vinyl, Flac files etc only movies as I have a dedicated system for those media. I know some would say you could get the above information on the web, However I know certain members do own this unit so their input and experience of the product would be useful as the cost is not small change and is a considered purchase. For your info I have uploaded a photograph of my listening area if this helps? ( Monitor is centrally located to the wall ). Also I have an SRT - 1000 sound base in the living room connected to a Panasonic 50" 4K tv and overall it does a very respectable job enhancing the sound of movies so i know how good Yamaha products can be.

IMG_0068.jpg

2. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,542
    Can't see any real benefit in adding a Soundbar to what you have - though for desktop use I'd likely be tempted to rearrange things a bit.

Joe

3. oldfart

oldfart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    You're probably right in your reply. It was more of a whim more than anything else. Money would be better spent improving the setup in other ways.