Yamaha YAS107 with Philips PUS6272 TV - help!

Discussion in 'Soundbars, Soundplates & Soundbases' started by noceross, Apr 15, 2018.

1. noceross

noceross
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi folks

I am having real difficulties since getting a new Philips PUS6272 tv and a Yamaha YAS107 soundbar. I was intending to connect the soundbar to the tv using both item's HDMI ARC ports, but just cannot get any sound out (despite changing the settings on the soundbar and activating the Easylink on the TV). So instead I am using an optical lead, which at least get's me some sound. However that sound is making a high pitched screech/popping sound whenever I change channels (or fast forward/rewind) on my Sky HD box. The Sky Box is connected to the TV via HDMI, so if I change the Sky Box HDMI audio output to "Normal" instead of Dolby then it stops the pop/screech, but somewhat defeats the object of splashing out on a new soundbar and not being able to use decent sound!

Anyone got any ideas?

2. JayCee

JayCee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,652
    Connect the Sky box optical out to the soundbar instead of using optical from the TV.

3. noceross

noceross
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there

I tried that, and I don't get any sound at all!?? Even if it did work I'd then have no way to get sound from the tv/other inputs to the soundbar, as I can't get the HDMI ARC working either

4. JayCee

JayCee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,652
    All Sky+HD boxes have separate settings for HDMI and Optical in their audio menu...Dolby D or Normal (Stereo).
    Putting aside audio from the TV or other AV inputs, there's no reason why the optical from the Sky box shouldn't work.
    Did you select the optical input on the soundbar?
    In cases where you cannot get ARC to work it's worthwhile removing the power to the equipment (don't just switch them to standby) wait a few mins then power on again.
    Also try toggling the TV's Easylink setting on/off again.

5. noceross

noceross
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I managed to get the ARC working eventually, and now have the Sky box into the Soundbar via HDMI. Had to add some sound delay via the Sky settings but now audio is in sync and is free of static popping/screeching sound. Other items are now HDMI into the TV and then optical into the Soundbar, was getting the same popping/screeching sound from my Apple TV but since changing the audio output from Dolby 5.1 to Stereo this has now stopped (it was happening on anything 5.1 related.

So a bit of a messy workaround but I think all sorted now. Cheers for your help

6. Rjw1204

Rjw1204
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have a Samsung UE55MU7070 and the yas 107,along with Apple TV, Xbox and sky it’s driving me nuts
    Sky fine comes through sound bar
    Wireless headphones fine
    Netflix from tv hit and miss, when I first got it thought it was just me but no sound
    Evbtaully started working ok for a couple of days then off again the Working again, good for a week now no sound again, nothing has changed on the set up , just cannot use Netflix or any apps through soundbar now

7. Aliasflorence

Aliasflorence
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Check that all device audio output settings are set to bitstream and Dolby Digital including the tv settings. Update the YAS107 firmware too. The soundbar should automatically switch to TV input and sound ouput should be reliable