Yamaha YAS107 - Connection Question

SpannerMonkey72

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
Hopefully a silly question that can be answered nice and quickly. I have Googled but to no avail.

I have the above mentioned Yamaha soundbar, Sky Q, Xbox Series X and a new LG TV.
What I would like to know is how to connect these all together.
Currently I have the Sky Q and Xbox connected to the TV via HDMI. What I need to know is how do i now connect the soundbar to the TV?
I have been told ARC via HDMI is the best, if not, Optical. So if I wish to connect the TV to the soundbar via ARC, how do I do this? Do i just plug in an HDMI cable into an unused HDMI port on the TV and then into the soundbar? That doesn't sound right to me.
For the time being I have plugged in an optical cable into the Optical Out port on the TV and into the Optical port on the soundbar. I set the TV to output sound via Optical but then when I go to the Yamaha sound bar, there is no option to select Optical for sound input! It was at this point I gave up!
I'm very confused by it all so please feel free to make me feel silly and tell me how simple it actually is to connect it all together. ;-)

Thanks
Paul

Hi , on the Yamaha remote you need to select TV then sound will come from bar , as far as hdmi , you need to connect the bar to the hdmi on the TV labelled arc

Thanks for the reply. When I select TV on the sound bar, I still get no sound.
All the HDMI inputs support ARC so can I connect it to just anyone?
Sky Q into HDMI 1 on the TV
Xbox into HDMI 2 on the TV
HDMI 3 from TV into HDMI input on the sound bar???

Have you got the bar connected to the one labelled arc or do all 3 have arc labelled

On LG TV's typically the HDMI-ARC port is HDMI 2.

Then in WebOS sound settings
change the output to HDMI-ARC and set digital sound output = auto.

It tells me that all the HDMI inputs are ARC so in which case, can I just stick an HDMI cable into port 3 on the TV and then into the soundbar, change the output to HDMI-ARC on the TV and set digital sound output = auto?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom