Yamaha YAS-209 Soundbar Review & Comments

I bought my Dad the previous model last year for Christmas. Very impressive sound for the price. Certainly fills his living room.

I've got my soundbar connected to iFi's iONE and it has done wonders for the audio, great purchase to have a better DAC for my TV.

This sounds perfect for my needs.
If you connect via ARC can you use the TV remote to control the volume or do you have to use the soundbar remote control?

I have one connected to a Pana plasma, it hauls along quite nicely.
I've turned the bass down a bit (you can do it via the remote or app, but not Alexa) as the room isn't overly huge and things can get too loud for our apartment.
The Alexa functionality works very well, so if it's your thing it's great.

I have one connected to a Pana plasma, it hauls along quite nicely.
I've turned the bass down a bit (you can do it via the remote or app, but not Alexa) as the room isn't overly huge and things can get too loud for our apartment.
The Alexa functionality works very well, so if it's your thing it's great.
The Alexa functionality is actually a good selling point for me.

Hi, i bought the yas 209....bass extension, clear voice, 3d surround work fine....but preset movie, tv, sport and music look almost the same; someone else has noticed this?

Last edited:
Hi, is the Cambridge TVB2 soundbar comparable to YAS-209? Especially on the performance of sports and audio Game?

Hi, can anybody tell me how to tell the soundbar with Alexa in GERMAN to switch input source.
In English it is "Alexa, switch input source to TV"
But what is the German equivalent? Tried already lots of words like"...schalte auf TV um.."

LG

Can anyone advise how this sound bar compares to the Yas-109 or the Polk Command bar?

Im hearing reports of the sub just cutting out in places where the noise level gets low and people are perhaps just talking, anyone else experiencing this,

id like to go for this model but worried about this issue,

Nope - never heard this issue on mine.
Where did you hear the report?
Many apologies, i may have read this about the yAS107. I was reviewing both at the same time. I cant seem to find the issue when related to the 209.

Hi, looking to get this soundbar.

How does it compare with Samsung MS650?

My main use is increasing voice clarity and occasional music. Bass/surround/movie is not that important.

Also does CEC allows changing sound mode from TV (i.e. from Movie to Voice).

Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom