Yamaha YAS-207 set up

AndOneill

Novice Member
Hi Guys,

Fairly new to HDMI ARC so looking for the best way to set up my devices. I have a sony XE90, ps4, xbox one and sky q.

I want the sound from all to work through the soundbar I purchased. (YAS-207)

Is this possible and which would be the best set up.

next010

Distinguished Member
Hi Guys,

Fairly new to HDMI ARC so looking for the best way to set up my devices. I have a sony XE90, ps4, xbox one and sky q.

I want the sound from all to work through the soundbar I purchased. (YAS-207)

Is this possible and which would be the best set up.

Well you could buy a 4K 60hz HDR switch and plug everything into that then the switch into the HDMI pass-through of the YAS-207.

Then set everything to PCM 5.1 audio output which is the best the YAS-207 can decode.

However the game consoles and Sky Q shouldn't really share the same visual presets on the TV (unless your fine with game mode) so if it were me I would only use the Playstation and Xbox on the switch, then use the ARC connection for everything else (Sky Q and TV's built in smart apps). You can set the TV or Sky Q to pass Dolby 5.1, DTS 5.1 or PCM 2.0 over ARC.

AndOneill

Novice Member
Many thanks for your reply. I currently just have the soundbar connect to the HDMI arc on my tv, all the other connections (sky, xbox and ps4) are connected to the other hdmi ports on the tv. All sound is working on the soundbar tho when I switch channels on the tv’s. by doing this an I limiting the sound I can get out of each device??

Many thanks again

next010

Distinguished Member
Many thanks for your reply. I currently just have the soundbar connect to the HDMI arc on my tv, all the other connections (sky, xbox and ps4) are connected to the other hdmi ports on the tv. All sound is working on the soundbar tho when I switch channels on the tv’s. by doing this an I limiting the sound I can get out of each device??

Many thanks again

Your limited to Dolby 5.1, DTS 5.1 and PCM 2.0 over ARC, that applies to all.

The two game consoles can output uncompressed PCM 5.1 audio but need a direct connection to the soundbar, whether it's really worth doing and if you can hear any difference is up to you.

GingerRocky

i think i have my ps4 connected to a switch which also has the input for my uhd blu ray player and the optical audio cable going from the tv to my soundbar, the others going through the hdmi passthrough on the bar to my TV.

i updated the firmware last night. not to sure about the dts vitual surround yet which has been fixed on the update. i have to say, overall really happy with the sound.

AndOneill

Novice Member
Are you not loosing sound quality by using the optical cable rather than the HDMI? I have not looked into comparison between the two. The sounds quality is superb on the YAS but I have yet to watch a movie and test out the virtual surround as I don’t think it’s made for normal tv sound. Better for gaming or movies maybe! The sub is incredible beside the bar. What’s the benefits of using a switch rather than direct connection to the TV from ps4. Would I be of benefit of purchasing a switch. Is it not only to free up HDMI ports on the TV?

Sorry i am new to this type of stuff

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom