Yamaha YAS-108 will not accept DTS, Dolby, or even LPCM input from PS4

KBD

I finally got my soundbar working with my LG CX TV & then I remembered I had set the PS4 to funnel DTS to the CX, which it will convert to Dolby Stereo, or at least that's what the soundbar reports (Dolby Pro Logic II).
So I thought, easy-peasy, I'll just run audio through the optical, but alas, I cannot get it the soundbar to report anything other than Dolby Pro Logic II from the PS4, this is after manipulating it through LPCM, DTS, Dolby, & trying 3 sources, Tubi-TV (PCM), Wrath of Khan (Dolby) & Fight Club (DTS).

Here is the indicators sheet:
YAS-108_indicators.jpg

Only #2 lights up, EVERY time!
unless I set it to stereo or 3D surround & then nothing lights up

With the Sony UBP-X700:
Khan = white HDMI
Fight Club = red HDMI
Tubi = none = PCM

I tried routing LPCM & Dolby through the CX TV from the PS4, but that had the same results.

Bakey

Is this because you’ve connected with an optical cable and not a hdmi? Sorry if this isn’t the case, I used to have a Yamaha YAS-107 and could only get all audio options if using hdmi, they weren’t possible using optical.

KBD

That might be the case, but I was sure that my YAS-101 was getting DTS from the PS4.
It's gone now however, so I can't put it back on there & see if I was correct.

If I can't get it to do DTS or Dolby, I suppose I'll just run it through ARC from the TV in LPCM.

I just found this in the 108 owner's manual:

1628868013462.png

goose0211

Novice Member
thanks, no optical cable but possibly its not actually an issue.

Seems, from reading online that the DTS light may not light up on this device when playing a disc with DTS - perhaps any 207 owners can confirm if this is the case - cant find anything to direclt confirm this.

KBD

DTS fires up red when playing from my Sony UBP-X700.
but that's only a direct HDMI 2.1 connection, there's no optical out on the X700

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom