Yamaha WXA50 no Amazon Music

Cabunag

Yamaha WXA50 no Amazon Music

First of all i apologize for all these questions mabye at 68 it all a bit much for me the Denon Reciever i had was pain to set up as well.

I dont see Amazon Music icon in the list of sources in the Music cast App, Tidal Spotify is there and others but no Amazon Music.

This is what i seen online

yamaha.com/how-to-stream-amazon-music
/

You can stream Amazon Music directly to any of your MusicCast devices from the MusicCast app. Just pick Amazon Music from the Sources screen. You’ll be asked to log in to your Amazon account, then you can stream away

If its only Bluetooth then its not so good, could it have anything to do with me Using Amazon on a Audiolab Amplifier.

iveivan

Standard Member
I don’t have the WXA50 but I do have a couple of other MusicCast devices. Amazon Music is available on one but not the other. I think it’s the newer one that it’s available on.

Is the app saying the firmware is up to date? If not, updating it may fix the issue.

I have to say that the experience of using the MusicCast app for Amazon music is pretty poor compared to the dedicated Amazon Music app (But the sound quality would be worse if you stream from your phone to the amplifier).

Last edited:

simon194

Yamaha only added Amazon Music and recently Amazon Music HD to MusicCast devices released from 2018 onwards. IIRC the WXA-50 was released in 2017.

Cabunag

Many thanks for all the help i am returning both Amplifiers to Amazon now i have to find a good stereo amplifier with Wi Fi.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sony A90J Thoughts, madVR Processor & Sonus faber Lumina II Reviews + Movie & TV roundup
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom