Yamaha WXA-50 + MusiCast - Best NAS?

GavinLB

Novice Member
Hi, New to this forum but would appreciate the wisdom of the experience of others.

I run a couple of Yamaha WXA-50s (in different rooms), the Yamaha MusiCast ap, and a WD MyCloud NAS for my FLACs. I've managed to fill the NAS so need to upgrade to a larger one and would like to avoid the annoying issue I have currently where MusiCast adds and plays multiple instances of songs when you add an album file to the playback queue. Google research indicates this is some kind of issue with the way Twonky Server works on the NAS (i.e. an issue with the NAS rather than MusiCast) but despite trying all sorts of different settings I haven't been able to resolve the issue. At the moment my only work around is to delete duplicate instances from the playlist - which is tedious.

I'd be interested to hear other peoples experiences with different NAS brands/set-ups to help me select a replacement which won't cause this problem. Thanks!

next010

Distinguished Member
Well one way is to test the Music Cast app with DLNA servers you can install on a PC that also work on a commercial NAS.

For example Minim and Serviio, download it on your PC, add a test folder of music, then use the yamaha app with it and see how it behaves. If all goes well then Synology, QNAP products can run Serviio/minim.

rpr

Twonky isn't the best, had it on my first NAS a Buffalo. I now run Minim on my Synology which is way better.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom