Question Yamaha VX567 and 4K

shefflad1983

Hi,

I'm about to purchase a 4k TV I understand that my current AV Receiver will need upgrading, but do I need to do this at the moment or can this wait a little longer, I currently have my 5.1 and Sky running through the Receiver if I'm to stream 4k content will this still be fine?

Thanks

dante01

Distinguished Member
You can happily continue to use any AV receiver with a UHD 4K TV. The problems arise if and when you want to passthrough 4K UHD encoded content from an external source to the TV via the receiver. There are very few if any such sources yet available, but UHD Blu-ray will be available next year. You'd need at least HDMI version 2.0 with HDCP 2.2 compliance if ever wanting to passthrough native UHD 4K content from a UHD Blu-ray player. If you don't yet have such a player then you don't need a HDMI version 2.0, HDCP 2.2 compliant AV receiver yet. If accessing the 4K content via the TVs inbuilt SMART apps then you are not passing the video through your receiver so you don't need the receiver to comply with the UHD 4K video requirements.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom