Yamaha VSX 932 ARC Issue

MATT JENNER

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi There,
I have recently upgraded my entire setup, I bought the Samsung 82" MU7000, The Pioneer VSX932 and a set of Atmos speakers that stand on my Acoustic Energy Aesprit floor standing.

System and TV is amazing.

But, All of a sudden over the past few days the Amp/TV is not picking up the ARC, all my Sky,4K Blue Ray Player,Xbox, plugs into the AMP and then I have one HDMI 2.2 Lead going from ARC output of Amp to the SAMSUNG Box HDMI 4 (ARC) it works fine for Sky,Blueray, but when I go to watch Netflix or Amazon Prime, there is no sound and when I go into TV setiings the HOME THEATER AMP is not recognised, yet when I leave it all powered off over night, and then power on next day it picks it up and I can watch Netflix and amazon etc via the TV input of AMP, which uses the ARC..

I cannot understand why sometimes it recognises it and other times it doesn't, but when I power off and leave over night it then is fine..
I have attached some pics to show what I mean..

Pic 1 after unplug over night, on power up TV recognises AMP
Pic 2 After a few hours TV Doesn't recognise AMP
PIC 3 After longer period - Tv doesn't even pick up AMP at all and outputs to TV speakers when watching Net flix or Amazon prime APPs.
Pic 1 Recognises up AMP.jpg

Aftera couple of hours No Longer Recognises AMP.jpg
In Settings AMp Is No Longer There.jpg

Hi

I have just bought this receiver and connected to my Samsung Q8F. ARC was working ok then I foolishly updated the firmware on the receiver and now nothing. I'm having to use optical at the moment which will do but is not ideal. Any way of resetting ALL settings on the TV and receiver to factory default?

the only way i found was to turn off TV overnight it then seems to work.. it is not ideal, and i was peed off as i spent 3K on a new Samsung 82", i rung samsung they blame Pioneer so i ring pioneer they do some checks and they say its a samsung fault grrr

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom