1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

yamaha vs kenwood

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by ultimatenyle, Aug 20, 2001.

Tags:
  1. ultimatenyle

ultimatenyle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am considering the following :

Yamaha RXV420 £215ish, RXV520RDS £250ish or Kenwood KRF-X9050D £280ishAV Receivers.

the yamaha was recently reviewed in what hifi and was not given much praise but that was against £400/500 amps such as the yamaha RXV620 and the onkyo ds595 i was wondering how it would compare to the 620s little brothers 420/520 which i presume are up to yamahas usual quality. <br />the kenwood has lots of nice features dolby pro logic2 and thx but is it as good or better than the lesser specced yamahas?

someone please give some good advice/help as it would be my first av amp and i want to make a good one! it would also be used for music - any other recomendations would be most welcome.

2. Arthur.S

Arthur.S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    IMHO - you can't go far wrong with a Yammy. How about demos?

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Although i don't now use Yamaha i have owned 3 generations of Yamaha A.V amps and would certainly Arthur over the proverbial cliff on this one.