Quantcast

Yamaha V671 Sound through TV speakers

Afc666

Standard Member
Hi all,

I have recently purchased a v671 and wanted to know if it is possible to have sound coming out from my home cinema speakers and the TV speakers at the same time? I have connected the receiver with hdmi to my TVs ARC dedicated hdmi socket. Any help would be much appreciated.

PSM1

Distinguished Member
Why do you want sound from the TV and AV speakers at the same time? The mix of different speakers is not going sound good.

Afc666

Standard Member
Why do you want sound from the TV and AV speakers at the same time? The mix of different speakers is not going sound good.
I just want to know if its possible, in terms of sound variances I am aware, however I do need this option without running more wires than the ones that I have at the moment (HDMi and Optical)

paulr2006

Distinguished Member
Depends upon the TV, on my TV I have to select either TV or AV speakers when using ARC input so you could either use a different input or turn ARC off but like PSM1 says I can't imagine why you would want it coming from the TV & AV together? it sounds awful & often has split second timing differences which gives an echo effect.

snapon

Novice Member
I have sound coming out of my tv as well when i use amp but it sounds terrible and echos , so i just always turn tv volume to zero and use amp sound .

Top Bottom