Yamaha v667 and Harmony One Power up Issue

i8gtmf

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi All

Apologise if this is something simple but i've been scratching my head for the last hour or so.

I have a new Yamaha V667 and Harmony One remote the issue i have is that when using the activities menus on the remote everything switches on correctly in the right order except i have no sound from the speakers regardless of which activities i've selected be it play bluray, xbox etc. Info panel on the amp says sound is being received ok.
However if i switch the amp off and back on using its original remote or the devices menu on the Harmony it works, i get sound etc.
Any idea's

What are the start-up Status and Actions as shown at Review Settings for one of the Activities?

Thanks for the reply :)

This is the settings for watching Sky basically

Amstrad PVR Amstrad PVR is on
Panasonic TV Panasonic TV is on
Yamaha AV Receiver-Lounge Yamaha AV Receiver-Lounge is on
Other All other devices are off
Amstrad PVR Amstrad PVR is set to "Tuner"
Panasonic TV Panasonic TV is set to "HDMI 1"
Yamaha AV Receiver-Lounge Yamaha AV Receiver-Lounge is set to "Hdmi2"

That's OK and thanks for the details.
The other activities show the same problem, and have similar settings but different inputs on the Yamaha, right?
Sky receivers put out only stereo audio on their HDMI socket, so aren't you also using for Dolby 5:1 the optical or co-ax connection?
Logi

Yes all the activities that involve the receiver cause the same no sound issue but are on different inputs. Yes the Sky HD audio is via optical and is set to the correct input on the receivers settings.
If i check the receivers input info it says audio is being received ok but none is being outputted. This all only happens when using the Harmony to control things, use all the individual remotes for each unit and i don't have an issue everything works perfectly.
Switching the receiver off and back on again brings the sound back. Using the Harmony's activities causes the problem.

I have both a 667 and a Harmony One and it all works fine. Are you somehow going into the Amp's Zone 2 settings? That's the only thing I can think of that would cause this. Try adding the amp into your Harmony setup again and see if that helps. Certainly is odd. I'll look at my setup later and see if I can work out what might be happening

Paddy

Hi paddy
Thanks for the reply, I'll try reentering the amp tonight and see what happens it is all a bit strange. Oddly if you use the harmony and use the devices menu select the amp and then use the toggle power option there again the amp powers up as it should, I get sound etc. The issue only appears when using the activities function to power everything up

Then you need to ensure that the automatic power-on command is set to be the same one that you know works from the device screen.
Is the PVR connected to the amp both by HDMI and by optical, and if so is the optical set to over-ride the HDMI?

Hi again

Pretty much at a loss with this :(
Yep my Sky HD box is connected by both hdmi and optical the optical is set to overide the hdmi. Tried several powerup options on the harmony setup tried toggle power, main amp on, both etc and same result when i use the activites / watch tv, play dvd, play xbox on the harmony everything switches on but always no sound.
If i manually switch the receiver on with either it's own remote or select the receiver in the devices menu of the harmony and power up from there it works 100% correctly all of the time. The activities menu option always fails to give me any sound. If i switch the receiver off by any method including using the help option on the harmony and switch it back on again works 100%

Also to add i've even tried re learning the power on/off options into the harmony with the original remote for the receiver but again no luck activities options always fail to give me any sound, manual switching on always works even if i use the harmony to do it.

Last edited:
Hi - it's certainly a strange one, with nothing really to go on.
One tiny point - "switch the receiver off by.... using the help option" - how does that work?

Yep if i use the help function to switch the receiver off and back on again it will fix the problem.

the only thing that fails to work is using the activities options which is why i bought the remote as the 4 different remotes confused the wife ;)

I give in so probably plan to spend tomorrow on the phone to logitech support.

Lastly i can't even see an option on the amp that would cause it to power up be on all the correct inputs yet produce no sound so whats happening is a mystery

It IS a mystery, but so is the Help button powering anything off - it's not supposed to do that.
I agree about reporting it to Logitech but I always use the e-mail form at the end of the general Troubleshoot for doing that.

Ok don't want to get carried away to soon BUT i think i've found the problem.

I had hdmi control on the receiver switched on, once i turned hdmi control off everything works ....so far ;) exactly as it should every function, every button :D
still testing though.

It can do a lot of things and with a Harmony the first thing to do is always to turn it off, but it's as strange as the symptoms were that it's the cause in this case! :confused:

Yep just to confirm having hdmi control ON in the receivers settings caused the problem, everything works perfectly now. At least if another novice like me has the same issue this should help, also wondering why if hdmi control can cause such problems Logitech don't advise to turn it off in the Harmony manual or maybe they do and I didn't see it. Oh well at least everything works now. Thanks again for the assistance :)

Sent from my Desire HD using AVForums

That's OK and thanks to you for letting us know about it.
It will be useful for others and I ought to have mentioned it from the start.

I didn't even think to as if you'd switched off HDMI control. The way the Harmony works negates the need for it. To be honest I've found it to be very inconsistent anyway. Glad you are all sorted. Enjoy your kit, the 667 is a cracking receiver.

That's the point - whether it's HDMI CEC, or Vieralink, or any one of many proprietary automatic systems, it will clash with the Harmony's, so you have the choice to disable one or the other, preferably the proprietary one.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom