• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Yamaha V375 and SW

SirLouen

Standard Member
I'm trying to install the SW in my Yamaha V375 but I have a doubt.

Should I install it this way?

13950769488_631703e592_o.png

With a 1RCA>2RCA cable like this?
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DI89EZ

Thanks!

The Liberator

I mean, shall I connect the Active SW to the SW PreOut output?
Why they sell a 1 RCA > 2 RCA cable?
As it's an active sub (built in amp) I would definitely connect it to the sub preamp output of your AVR.

I believe you can use both inputs if you so wish or need to, but it shouldn't be necessary. If it will make you happy use both.

SirLouen

Standard Member
Ok, I will consider it, anyway the difference between the 2>1 and the 1>1 is less than a $1
But I cant understand why they do this type of cable, if it doesnt make sense :S

I cant understand why they do this type of cable, if it doesnt make sense :S

In theory, connecting the AV amp's sub-woofer output to BOTH the Left and Right Subwoofer RCA Inputs simultaneously will result in a slightly higher volume level from the sub-woofer, for any given input level and volume setting.

In practice, this difference in volume will be completely subsumed when the AV amp's auto-setup routine is run.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom