1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yamaha upgrade to 750. Any thoughts?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by darklight, Aug 27, 2005.

Tags:
  1. darklight

darklight

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +104
    I'm thinking of upgrading from my old Yamaha A5 to either the 750 or 756 (Anyone know the spec difference for these two as they appear to be very similar in price. Obviously the 756 is the latest model but is there any big advantages?).
    Anyone have any experience with either ? The A5 is a great little amp for the price so I'm hoping the upgrade will be good aswell.

Since the newer models support 6.1 I'll need to get a rear center speaker. Anyone have any suggestions that won't break the bank? I currently have the BOSE Acoustimass 15 which doesn't support 6.1 and since I don't have the cash to upgrade to the 16 ? range which does support 6.1 I thought I could just add another speak to the extra channel on the new amp. Should I just buy another double cude BOSE to keep the range all the same or is there another one somebody could suggest.

As always any and all help or suggestions are greatly apprecaited.

2. Jonmurgie

Jonmurgie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    Well the 750 is no longer available so you'll be luckiy to find a new one of those (although you may find a few places are end of line stock)... and they don't do a 756, it's a 757 :)

Yesterday I bought a 757 form my local Audio-T because they price matched the best online price I could find (£385) and knocked a tenner off that as well! So for £375 the Yamaha 757 is a stunning buy.. I don't think you will be disapointed!

As for the speakers... can't help you there...

3. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    From what i understand with B**E cubes if you plug then directly into an amp all you will do is blow them up. IMHO you would be better off selling the whole lot (they hold there value well) and buy another set of speakers like Cantons, Keff eggs or MS Genies.

4. darklight

darklight

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +104
    From what i understand with B**E cubes if you plug then directly into an amp all you will do is blow them up. IMHO you would be better off selling the whole lot (they hold there value well) and buy another set of speakers like Cantons, Keff eggs or MS Genies.

Could I not add another type of speaker instead of a BOSE for the rear center as I don't think my budget will stretch to buying a whole set of speakers...?

5. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    Yes you could.