Yamaha to Marantz remote (in and out)

sumnersn

Novice Member
Hi all

would anyone know if I can connect via their remote control connection a Yamaha RX-V1081 to a Marantz 7025. I am wanting to be able to power on/off the Yamaha and have the Marantz also turn on/off automatically.
Yamaha ...
upload_2019-4-2_14-12-15.png

Marantz ...
upload_2019-4-2_14-23-58.png

many thanks Neil

Last edited:

dante01

Distinguished Member
No. The discrete IR codes as used by one manufacturer will not control devices made by another. THe receiver receiving the IR commands will not convey the IR codes that do not correspond to those it recognises.

The Yamaha does include a 12v trigger which can be used to power up or down external devices, but only if they to have such a trigger. The Marantz MM7025 power amp alsi includes a 12v trigger. I'd investigate using the trigger to syncronise the 2 units power.

Last edited:

sumnersn

Novice Member
Thank you both, the voltage of the trigger from the Yamaha is not included in the manual (a bit wary that it might damage the Marantz), will see what Dr Google can find.
Appreciate you both replying though.

dante01

Distinguished Member
It is a standard 12v trigger. This type of arrangement is standardised and any device whose power status can be controlled using a trigger will be compatible with the trigger on the Yamaha receiver.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom