Yamaha sub

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by Rickster, Feb 4, 2001.

1. Rickster

Rickster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have been offered an ex-display Yamaha YST-SW90 sub for £120 (MRP £200) from a local dealer.Does any one have any info/use this sub.Thanks in advance.

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I previously owned a yamaha YST-SW80 which I believe the newer 90 model replaced.The 80 was good in a small room of approx 3.5 metres square.Since then I have moved to a slightly larger house with a bigger living room e.g.about 6 metres by 4 metres and I found it wanting in the power a bit.I sold it second hand(mint) for £90 (rrp £179.99).

martinc
    P.s I am now sub-less but hope to add a sub in the near future.Models I am considering are:
    Tannoym10 sub around £200...£250
    Paradigm 1000 sub....£180..£200

3. DaBuzz

DaBuzz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Martin, i read your post in the other board and i'll let you know how i get on with the Tannoy MxSUB10.

The Shop i am buying it from should get it in stock on Wednesday. I hope they do as i cant do without a sub any longer!

4. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks DaBuzz,I hope you get sorted o.k.and I know the feeling...GOOD LUCK!

martinc

5. WSquared

WSquared

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I've got the YST-160. It uses the same driver as the YST-90, but has two of them. The YST-90 will obviosly sound a bit different. But the build quality and sound is great from this series of subs. Excellent value for money.

6. Dave

Dave

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm with Wsquared, got a YST-90 at christmas,If you mainly watch movies it rocks, gets a little bit bogged down with CD music, but for the price, a good powerful sub

7. American Psycho

American Psycho

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got one at Christmas, and I am very pleased with it. It's worth noting that you can get them brand new from Sound and Vision in Bolton.

8. Timh

Timh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    If your buying a Yamaha sub, check out the YSTSW320 at www.unbeatable.co.uk £276.96
    I beleive it goes down to 20 HTZ.

Tim

------------------
    Perhap's today is a good day yo die

9. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have to agree with what has been said in relation to the yamaha being value for money and I was happy with yst-sw80.
    By not trying offend people with Yamaha subs I would point this out.
    At the same time my own experience is that when I went into a slightly bigger room the sub just did not seem to have the same impact as it did in a smaller room which made me kindda want something with hopefully a bit more punch but still within the budget sub category.
    Sorry folks, it is nothing personal against yamaha or their subs......

martinc

10. Dudemeister

Dudemeister

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I must add to the discussion that I bought a Yamaha YSTSW320 last week. And I couldn't be more happy about it, I might not be very objective since Im a defintive "yamaha freak" but it works great for me, its firm to music, and makes the windows and everything else in the room shake when I watch movies. =)
    And it seems to play along very well with the rest of my yamaha sound system.