1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yamaha sound projectors - any opinions?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by casilasi, Oct 25, 2005.

1. casilasi

casilasi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Dear all,

I'm planning to "go surround" and get something for Christmas; as I'm renting it seems far easier to go for something simple rather than install many speakers and I saw the YSP range from Yamaha (http://www.yamaha-uk.com/sound_projectors/).

I've searched the forums but cannot find any threads about them - does anyone have one or has listened to one? If so, how much of a compromise are they compared to a classic 5.1/7.1 installation?

Any opinions or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Adrian

2. narcoticsuite

narcoticsuite
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Not sure what you searched for but there is quite a bit of info on these forums about them.

Try searching for YSP as the key word and you should see quit a bit come up.

3. valoewe

valoewe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have recently bought a YSP-800 in Spain (699 euros) and I am impressed with it. Set-up is very easy with the automatic option. As other posts said, if you enjoy bass sounds, you will need a sub. But, for my 25-square meter dinning-room I have enough bass with the true-bass option included in the YSP-800. Dialogues sound absolutely perfect and surround effects are well achieved. It is important to say that it is not a real 5.1 or 6.1 system, but I think it is worth it for small rooms, avoiding annoying wires.
    I would like to play with manual options to improve surround effects, but automatic adjustment is pretty good.

As narcoticsuite says, you could find more information about theses systems in the forum. (Sorry for my faulty english)