• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Yamaha Sound Projector YSP600

cybersyme

Standard Member
Hi All,

I have a 37" Panasonic plasma including cabinet/stand, Virgin V+ box, Panasonic DVD (soon to be upgraded to Blu-Ray player?), and PS3. As my plasma has only one HDMI socket I have an IXOS 4/1 switcher. All equipment connects via HDMI and I would like to add the YSP600 sound projector as space is limited and the cabinet/stand will not really accomodate the larger sound projectors.
My concern is the connections, the YSP 600 has 2 HDMI inputs and 1 output. Does this mean my switcher will be come redudant and I will have to sacrifice one of the HDMI connections for something else like component. I understand the YSP 600 will connect directly to the plasma and two devices will connect to the YSP.
Am I better searching for another surround sound or is there a way I could use the YSP600 to best effect?
I was considering the Panasonic BTC100 but did not rate the reviews?
Any help and advice would be much appreciated.

techniks

Established Member
Sorry to hijack the thread but does anybody know if its possible to connect an ipod to the 600? Cheers.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom