yamaha 'short-out'??

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by buns, May 4, 2001.

Tags:
  1. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have been having a fair bit of trouble with my Yammy A5 cutting out in the middle of a film then when turned on it will read 'check speaker wires'. I guess this is due to a short of some sort occuring, but i have checked all cables and there is clearly no short....further, this problem only occurs at extreme volumes.....i like loud movies....so has anyone got any suggestions as to what the problem might be?

thanks

2. Beddie

Beddie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    You are probably driving the amp too hard, so it is shutting down to protect the circuits. This may be down to your speakers presenting a difficult load for the amp. Try setting the impedence switch to 4 Ohms if you haven't already, as that may help.

3. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    i shouldnt be driving the amp too hard, it is only driving 3 channels, none of which are more than a 6 ohm impedence if that. the switch is set to four.....but that said said, i really do listen very loudly! Does this mean that i basically jusrt need a bigger more powerful amp for this kind of use?