1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yamaha S700 DVD player fault

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Timh, Oct 25, 2000.

1. Timh

Timh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +128
    My brother's DVD Player the Yamaha S700 (Also the first Panasonic flagship player ), has a fault, it skip's a chapter at the layer change.
    Has anyone else had this problem?
    If so, do you now of a fix?
    Is it possible to enter the service menu on this player to auto realine the laser, I now it is possible to do this with the sony players but never heard of any problems before with the Yam.
    Cheer's for any help
    Timh

------------------
    I want a car, chick's dig the car.

2. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I got the US version of the S-700 (with DTS Out [​IMG] ) and sometimes, but not always, it does that. Haven't done anything about it and I guess it would be "mission impossible" down here anyhow.
    Sorry, not much of a help, I know ...

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You'll probably find it's got nothing to do with the laser,but something mechanical...if you are brave enough take a look at the laser transport and see if their are any drive gears with missing teeth or are perhaps just worn.....it could even be that the drive motor needs replacing....I can put you in touch with a company in Buckingham that 'probably' sell spares for it....I know they do for Pioneer players, I had the exact same problem.

Cheers,

Tom..

4. Timh

Timh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +128
    Cheers I've asked my brother to check out the gears in his dvd, it's up to him now.