1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yamaha S550 component question

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by darklight, Jan 31, 2005.

1. darklight

darklight

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +104
    I recently bought the Yamaha S550 DVD player and currently have it connected via an IXOS Scart to Scart to my Panasonic 36PD30f Acuity. Would I be getting much better picture quality if I connected via component leads as both pieces of equipment support progressive scan?
    I was told that the difference might not be that great with widescreen TVs, more noticable with Plasmas.
    Comments please.

2. andyboy

andyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Pioneer DV575 connected via component video to my JVC HV28P37SJE utilising progressive scan and certainly on NTSC discs it's astonishingly better than via RGB Scart although the 575 is not as good with PAL which is annoying to say the least.

Go and get a comp vid lead and see for yourself, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

:clap:

3. PjPip

PjPip

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Some of these features can be subjective but the facts show there should be an improvement. I use the prog scan component for my PJ but occasionally it's been deselected and I can't say I really noticed.

What do you think of the Yamaha generally? I've been toying with the idea of getting one recently to replace a Pioneer (2750?) I picked up last year.