Yamaha S540 Big Brother!!!

A

Alfbber

Was going for the S540 as the DVD partner for my Amplifier V440.
Having seen thought, some replies on possible problems in the pro scan and rumors about the product being discontinued.
Really confused now!!! Can anybody throught some light on the subject? Facts, please.

Guess, I´ll be waiting for S540 big brother, unless you guys can suggest an alternative up to the S830 cost.

Thanks
Alfbber

From speaking to Yamaha people there doesnt seem to be a replacement to the S540 for some time, although things like this are never set in stone. With the price DVD players are these days there are almost throwaway items any! My suggestion? Grab a demo of the S540 and if you're happy with the peformance, pick one up! Thats what I did.
Markie Boy

Hi,
Just thought I'd add that I have just bought the yamaha s540 and am very pleased with it when playing discs to my tosh 36zp38 via prog scan. The yamaha has had reviews in a couple of AV mags including What Hi Fi March 04 issue where it got 5 stars as it did last Dec 03 in another mag so I don't believe its discontinued. I got the player from Richer Sounds at Sheffield for £98.95 with a 14 day return policy if I wasn't happy in anyway. Would suggest you get it to try if poss with a return option.

I also picked up the Yamaha 540 at Richer Sounds.....replaced my older Yamaha 795....viewing on my Panasonic Pw5 42" plasma, the difference is noticable.....progressive scan looks great.....well worth the money!!

Thanks guys
As far as performance goes, it doesn´t seem to be any problems afterall, and for the suggested price refered by the Helen B, also no competition.
TX-36PD30 or TX-32PD30 is going to be Panasonic´s awarded television partner for this DVD so, it will not be as demanding as plasma televisions in pro scan mode (Am I right V5-APS?).
Altought the doubt about discontinuity remains in my mind, at some point we´ve got to take riscs. Since Yamaha, doesn´t give any clues (thanks Markie Boy), I´ll go ahead and hope for the best.
If anybody knows something concret in future developements, just yell.

Alfbber

For less than £100, from Richersounds, i think the Yamaha is a steal.....on a 32/36" crt it should look fantastic.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom