1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yamaha RXV795a RDS Reciever Turns itself off straight away

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Chick, Oct 11, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Chick

Chick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I just got home tonight and tried to turn my reciever on and it just turns itself off straight away! So far I have currently unplugged it from the mains for a while and replugged it in, remove all input and output (speaker) cables (so only the amp is connected) and nothing...

It always just turns itself off right after I push the power button, it lights up briefly though.

It was working last night as we watched a film via a laptop through it and also watched a DVD as well.

Any ideas? I am a bit strapped for cash at the moment as I am now doing a postgraduate degree and can't really afford to fork out for a new amplifier! :(

2. robe1101

robe1101
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    A similar sort of thing happened on my yamaha amp and it turned out to be a short on one of the speaker cables.

3. Chick

Chick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    But I've tried turning the amp on without any cables plugged in to it.

4. Lancealex

Lancealex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Hi Chick, I know this was a long tme ago and the fact you now appear to have a new amp does not fill me with hope that yours will be a positive reply, However..... I am having the exact same problem with my old Rx-v795 and was hoping you might be able to give me an idea what the problem is? -please tell me it aint terminal!Thanks in advance.