yamaha rxv750se from germany

andhoey

Standard Member
Reaction score
hi all. was thinkin of ordering the yamaha rxv750se from technikdirect.de .would there be any issues with uk compatability ?
is the only difference between this model and the dspax 750se a radio?
any help would be great .thanks andy :)
oh and would there be any problems warranty wise?

Yes i wouild like to know too, after just visiting the website i could get a 2500, which no one seems to sell here for £670.90 with delivery, about £110 more than the best price for a 1500.

But ofcourse it's worthless if its different in any important way i.e. it's not usable overhere for some reason (difference electric or non use of pal) or if the warranty is not valid.

On the point of the warranty if it was valid, would it have to be sent back to germany or could it be serveced here? and there would be no import duty becuase Germany is part of the EU and Common market, right?

I've been looking into this as well.

there is no duty or local VAT payable on products bought in the EU - you will be paying a 16% sales tax in Germany (included int he quoted price). If you have a VAT registered company and will retain the amlifier as a company asset, then the 16% is deductible.

Internally there is no difference between the same models, externally, you will of course have to change the mains plug. Which will mean cutting the cable as EU law states plugs must be molded.

And finally, as I undertand it the DSP 750 has been 'tuned' for the typical UK listener? Maybe it has a different sense of humour to the German one as well as lacking a tuner?

Dont wory yourselves guys. Its easy to buy from Germany and you will find NO compatability problems. Some companies will even fit a UK plug for you:D I get my 1400 from Germany and saved £196 at the time :D

As said there is no duty or Vat payable as your assumed to have piad it in the country of origin and Yamaha will happily suppoert anything that is bought in the EU and imported to another EU country:smashin:

dfour your a saviour :thumbsup: i thought for a minute the remote and amp decals would be in german so i was trying to book a german class :D
the different tuning side of things sounds to me like sales hype.
so if its only a small matter of a plug why dont they sell the rxv750se over here then ?

Just received my RXV1400RDS from Germany £466.50 delivered to the door (cash on delivery via ups) even though i worked out the euro conversion to be £496.50 but i won't complain :clap:

I'm looking into the RX-V2500, it's abit more complicated than the others because it has a GUI and i would rather it was in English. I downloaded the German manual for it and the GUI appears to be in English but i've contacted Yamaha UK to confirm.

The customer service from the german site appears to be really good though, I send them an email at about 3pm and got a reply at 8. They also recon that you can use uk service centres if theres a problem but i'm getting that confirmed too.

The cost of this unit is £660 with delivery, although this is with the delivery at 60 euros (no key for it) that it says when you order but the email I received states that delivery will be 20 euros, so thats maybe where your saving came from?

One last thing, the RX-V2500 is not anywhere to be seen in the UK yet, will it be around this price (£660) when it does come out, from somewhere like unbeatable?

:offtopic:
The email also said that ordering is credit card only, how did you get cash on delivery?

The 1400 also has a GUI and is also in English even though mine is a German import.

gazbarber said:
I'm looking into the RX-V2500, it's abit more complicated than the others because it has a GUI and i would rather it was in English. I downloaded the German manual for it and the GUI appears to be in English but i've contacted Yamaha UK to confirm.

The customer service from the german site appears to be really good though, I send them an email at about 3pm and got a reply at 8. They also recon that you can use uk service centres if theres a problem but i'm getting that confirmed too.

The cost of this unit is £660 with delivery, although this is with the delivery at 60 euros (no key for it) that it says when you order but the email I received states that delivery will be 20 euros, so thats maybe where your saving came from?

One last thing, the RX-V2500 is not anywhere to be seen in the UK yet, will it be around this price (£660) when it does come out, from somewhere like unbeatable?

Gazbarber,

Just taken delivery of the RX-V2500 from Germany this morning. It cost me Euros 750 including postage to the UK. This worked out approx £530 including P&P, and the process was as easy as ordering from mail order company anywhere in the UK.

This beauty is not yet available in the UK, but its advertised for £999.95 here although not yet available to order. http://www.avland.co.uk/yamaha/rxv2500/rxv2500.htm . It is the only place I have come across advertising this awesome piece of kit.

My early impressions are AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME !!!. Its features packed and absolutely fantastic. The sound coming out of my KEF Q5s is mind-blowing and a joy to listen to. Watching Movies using the various DSP is a new experience with this machine, quite stunning!!!

I'm putting it through its early paces and will be in a position to give a detailed review very shortly.

I'll highly recommend this machine to anybody thinking of getting one, and dont be put off buying it from abroad especially Germany. Its a lot cheaper and fully covered by Yamaha Pan-European Warranty (2 Years).

GREAT, AWESOME, SIMPLY FANTASTIC PIECE OF KIT!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Yeah Moku thats a bargain price for the 2500 its almost tempting me to upgrade my 1400 to one:devil: so come on and spill hte beans :D

Guys,

The following site looks like a good source for the RX-V2500.

http://www.technikdirekt.de/

The 2500 is the equivalent of £627.95 plus delivery. Stonking value it would seem.

Get YOUR Christmas Present now :thumbsup:

Cheers

Mark

Dfour said:
Yeah Moku thats a bargain price for the 2500 its almost tempting me to upgrade my 1400 to one:devil: so come on and spill hte beans :D

Go on Dfour, be daring and upgrade cos you won't regret at the price.

I got my 2500 from www.gersdorf-online.de

Send them an email first telling them what you want and follow that up with a telephone call and ask for Peter Gersdorf when you ring. Their email address and contact tel no are shown on the website.

It mentioned previously, not only is it the cheapest place I found, but the overall process was easy and swift and very much like buying from a UK mail order firm. They only accept bank transfer and will dispatch the product the same day the transfer amount is credited to their account.

ANDOVERRED,

Prior to finding the source where I got my 2500, I did contact www.tecknikdirekt.de but didn't have it in stock and said they're expecting delivery mid-end of November. More importantly I got my 2500 from www.gersdorf-online.de for EURO.750 (£530) including P&P to the UK. Check them out when you're in Germany next week.

:thumbsup: :clap: :thumbsup:

This is amazing cheaper than a 1500 here. I'm gonna buy mine now i think :) im well impressed and This forum "rocks" if you pardon my americanism.

Cheers for the info Moku.

It's not offen that I willingly give money to the Germans, except for beer, but in this case it looks like money well spent.

This clearly illustrates that we do live in 'Rip-off Britain' :thumbsdow

Now all I have to do is shift my 1400 for as much as possible:devil:

Is it possible to get other things from europe on the cheap, like a projector for example? I know the french use secam or something but otherwise would a euopean pj work ok here?

Emailed Peter Gersdorf @ www.gersdorf-online.de and he said they are not getting any RXV-2500 in until january :(. Don't know wheather to spend the extra £130 and get it from www.tecknikdirekt.de if they are getting a delivery in novemeber or to wait (> 2 months).

£130 is quite alot of money but i do want it so i can watch the return of the king extended edition when it comes out.

gazbarber said:
Emailed Peter Gersdorf @ www.gersdorf-online.de and he said they are not getting any RXV-2500 in until january :(. Don't know wheather to spend the extra £130 and get it from www.tecknikdirekt.de if they are getting a delivery in novemeber or to wait (> 2 months).

£130 is quite alot of money but i do want it so i can watch the return of the king extended edition when it comes out.

Have you tried GB HiFi - they have it listed at 856Euro but don't know if they have it in stock.

gazbarber said:

Sorry that my source are out of stock of this excellent piece of equipment. Prior too buying mine, my source told me that their stock are flying off the shelves and cos he 2500 comes highly recommended. Its therefore no surprise to read that they are out of stock till Dec or Jan next year.

You will find out that most the German retailers will not have stock of the 2500 untill the end of the month or Dec sometime but then most stock will be taken by back orders.

Maybe some little phoning around the German retailers will land you one, Failing that, I will suggest you get one from www.gersdorf-online.de when its back in stock. At least you can be assured of the cheapest price of EURO 750 inc P&P.

Dont give up on this excellent machine and at the price you can't go far wrong. :thumbsup:

I found some site wher i can get it for around £660 with delivery ect.. and they have stock with a 3 or 4 day delivery time although i am tempted just to buy it for the cheaper price and wait.

The merchant with the cheaper price i mentioned only acepts IBAN or soemthing does anyone know what this is?

gazbarber said:
I found some site wher i can get it for around £660 with delivery ect.. and they have stock with a 3 or 4 day delivery time although i am tempted just to buy it for the cheaper price and wait.

The merchant with the cheaper price i mentioned only acepts IBAN or soemthing does anyone know what this is?

It means they only accept direct Bank to Bank transfer via their International Bank Account Number (IBAN) means you will need to ask your bank to transfer the relevant amount in euros to the IBAN number provided in the case of GB-HI FI is on their information page.

I would strongly sugget that you are happy with the vendor first as once the money is transferred you have very limited comeback.

Regards

Teabag

Thanks for the info, thats cleared things up quite alot, I think if there is a risk I will phone them up first to make sure they actualy exist and ask for anyone named on their website. Not sure why these companies in germany can't take credit cards though, as this is at least the second i've come across that only takes direct transfers. They either don't trust us fellow europeans or are to stingy to pay any credit card charge.

In light of this i suppose it's either tecknikdirekt.de with a credit card and about 2-3 week wait or gersdorf-online.de with a direct transfer but someone has already recieved theirs and it's £130 cheaper but a 1 - 1 1/2 month wait. I think i might go with the latter, i'll see if they wil take a deposit and pay the rest when it comes in stock.

Gazbarber,

Having juist returned from a month in Germany I can say it is quite common for shops and restaurants not to take Credit Cards other than EuroCard in Germany (I know this from bitter experience of a team dinner for 25 people and then finding out the restaurant didn't take Credit Cards), the majority of people still seem to use Cash, Cheques or the above mentioned Eurocard so I would say not to be overly concerned regarding the requirements for direct bank transfer.

Having talked to a number of the reailers regarding this most of them mentioned that Credit Cards would be more widely accepted during next Year when all cards were Chip & Pin.

Anyway good luck with your order.

Regards

Teabag

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom