• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Yamaha RXV679 and Tannoy HTS101 opinions

redgolfdom

Standard Member
I recently bought my dads lg 930v oled for my room and now im looking to upgrade my old surround sound system and i have found this combination on richer sounds for £550 what are people's opinions? I have read plenty of reviews by now so i know individually they are a good minus no atmos with the yamaha, however that doesn't affect me too badly as i don't particularly have the setup for atmos. It may also be worth mentioning its largely for gaming. Is this a good deal for me? Or is there a better alternative that i haven't seen?

Hixs

Distinguished Member
If it's a bedroom setup I'd consider it a waste of money. Better off with a decent set of headphones and an amp/dac.

Smeeble

Established Member
Amp is good for the money, was in line with the Onkyo 646 and Denon 2200 but didn't win the awards, which should explain a bit of the price drop.
The speakers sound nice for the money, sub has plenty of bass for a satellite pack and the speakers have a good amount of detail and mid for the size/price.
I'd say go for it, will sound nice and I started my 5.1 setup back in uni in a bedroom, so why not.
If possible I would say try getting the monitor audio mass range, will cost more but are very impressive satellite speakers.

PSM1

Distinguished Member
Tannoy may not be the best match for Yamaha but a lot will depend on your personal sound preference. Also that ave really deserves better speakers to get the best from it. The mass mentioned above would be a better option with the Yamaha 479 maybe.

redgolfdom

Standard Member
okay thanks everyone i may look into the mass with the 479 then! i did feel like the amp seemed too good for the speakers but for the price it is a good deal!

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom