Question Yamaha RXV671 Amp getting Stuck

Discussion in 'AV Pre-Amp/Processors & Power Amps' started by Juli LK, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Juli LK

Juli LK
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I own a Yamaha RXV-671 and now its about 2.5 years. I needed to do some changes to the settings and I pressed the "On-Screen" button on the Remote Controller. However, Amp did not respond. When I checked the Amp has got stuck (Frozen). I cannot do anything but to switch off the power and On it again. All other functions work in the Amp. I have connected a BD Player on HDMI1, Digital TV Receiver Audio Out to the Optical AV port and a DVD Player for a AV Input. I can select any inputs, I can select any Scene no issues. However, If press the "On-Screen" button on the remote the Amp is frozen. So, I checked all the buttons on the Remote. Other buttons work apart from another button "Options" where you change the Tones, etc. When you press this button the menu appears on the screen but cannot do anything as the Amp has got stuck. These two buttons sits side by side. on the Remote. I tried to do a Firmware Upgrade, it does not allow. Took to the Yamaha Service Center in Colombo, but they could not do anything.

Please Help.

2. stephenbarnes

stephenbarnes
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +846
  3. Juli LK

Juli LK
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes I did the reset (as per the link) but the problem remains.....