Yamaha RXV650 question

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by F G Evans, Jan 11, 2005.

Tags:
  1. F G Evans

F G Evans

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just purchased this for £269 at Richer Sounds and have a question about its conversion capabilities.

I understand that it will convert a video source to an s-video source.

However i currently have my Tosh RDXS32 plugged into my RPTV through component leads.

I have a x-box and a playstation 2 which i connect to the front of the TV through s-video inputs.

If i plug the s-video leads of both the consoles into the s-video inputs on the yamaha and connect the Tosh by component into the component input of the yahama will the s-video signals of the consoles pass through the yamaha component output if that is connected to my TV through a component lead or will i have to use an s-video lead from the yamaha as well.

Ideally i would like to plug all my devices into the yamaha and then use one component lead from the yamaha to the TV.

I know that the yamaha wil not convert the s-video signal to component but need to know whether the s-video signal will pass out through the component output without needing a further s-video lead from the yamaha to the TV.

I know that my Tosh RDXs32 recorder will take the s-video signal from a console and pass it out its component output (and i don't think that the Tosh converts up the signa to componentl).

Any thoughts please.

2. reservoir51

reservoir51

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That's a negative I'm afraid. RXV650 doesn't 'upconvert' to component. You'll need the next model up, which is the Yamaha DSP-AX750SE to do that. I was in the same position as you. Having bought the RXV-650 from RS, I exchanged it with them for the DSP-AX750 and paid the difference. It will allow you to input all sorts of connections to the amp and all you need is a single component output from the amp to your plasma. With your present RXV-650, you'll need to connect S-video outputs to your plasma from the amp for all S-video inputs.

reservoir51