Yamaha RXV640 - Suitable speakers?

kamza

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All

Looking to buy the Yamaha RXV640 amp but not really sure as to what speakers to got for...any suggestions? The spilt between movies and music would be 60% movie and 40% music.

Not really sure what to go for except for knowing that they have to be "wife friendly"...ie. a sub/sat package that must be silver in colour.

Thanks in advance...

Just bought the RX-V640 myself and got it paired with Tannoy FX5.1 speaker package. Although I couldn't compare them with any other (didn't get any demos) I am over the moon with their looks and performance. And yes , I have it on good authority from the other half that they are "Wife Friendly"! :lesson:

I bought them after a bit of research on the web and this site from Richer Sounds for about £180 (web price at that time). I think they are about £200 now.

wharfedale cinema 8.1 is another option. They are around £270. Thats what i plan to get for my yammy '630.

Zeenokam - Ive got a Yam 640 and have just taken delivery of 6 Kef Q1's possibly the best looking speakers around at the minute ( imho - ok but most people have to admit there damn good on the eye ) and should be wife friendly. I got a Maple set - So nice wood finish, Silver Grills and they sound great. I paid £525 for a set of 6.

They will definatley be better than ANY Sat/Sub system for Music and due ot the Uni Q drivers are impressive at multicahnnel movies too.

Again i cant compare the sound to much else ( Apart from Kef Eggs - which i was not impressed with ). Worth taking a look to get the "wifes" approval ;-)

Regards

Gareth

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom