• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Yamaha RXV481 and PS4 Pro

MaR86UK

I have a Yamaha RXV481 setup in my games room with my PS4 pro with 5.1 surround sound.

I have the PS4 sound settings setup to output via HDMI and audio format as Linear PCM, receiver set as straight or Standard.

Just wanting to make sure I have it setup correctly as when I go into the signal information screen on the receiver it shows the format as PCM and Channel as 3/4/0.1 which I'm thinking is 7.1?

If I change the audio format on the PS4 to either bitstream Dolby or bitstream DTS the channel info on the receiver changes to 3/2/0.1 which I assume is 5.1?

I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to audio so wanted to make sure I haven't got anything mixed up, as the 481 can only do up to 5.1.

Thanks for any help or information.

dante01

Distinguished Member
The receiver is indicating what you are receiving and not what it is outputting. The receiver can accept 7.1 audio and will mix it down to 5.1.

DECKARD71

Let the PCM setting in the PS4, it is OK

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom