1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yamaha RXV440RDS & Connections

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Ianjo, Nov 15, 2003.

Tags:
  1. Ianjo

Ianjo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Help!!!

I am totally confused with the connections for this - I have read the manual twice & also those for my other boxes. The Missions FS1's that I have are set up fine but I am still confused as to what leads I need to connect the rest of my units.

I have read the various posts on the forums here & in General Hardware but I must be honest I still feel confused.

I think I need a component connection from my Toshiba DVD to my Toshiba TV (currenty only have SCART) - optical connection from DVD to the Amp. But I'm then stuck as the Yamaha manual suggests that I connect the Video output via the Amp by component as well????

Also I have a Skybox Panasonic TU-DSB31 which only has Audio Out R/L but according to the Yamaha manual I should then feed the video through the Amp as well via Component which I dont have the ability to do.

Finally I have a video Aiwa HV-FX5900K which again I would like to feed through the Amp but again t says that the Audio has both an Input/outputsocket which I dont have????

Any help is greatly appreciated as I want to connect this system properly & start using the spekers/amp which I have just purchased (through the advice on this forum) but dont want to make an expensive mistake with cables.

Many thanks in advance for your advice

:smashin:

Ian

2. nealgs

nealgs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Ianjo,

The video connection reference in the yamaha means that you can use the AV Amp to do the switching of the video input signals.

I've got the Yamaha RX-V1000RDS reciever and currently have connected to it a Pioneer DVD and Sky box via a SCART to Component converter.

The component out on the converter is fed to one of the Component ins on the amp, with the component out from the Amp then fed to the Plasma (or Tosh in your case)

So with your system, if you Tosh DVD has component out, then you can feed that to one of the component ins on the Amp, then the component out on the amp is connected to the component in on your Tosh T.V.

Tosh DVD(component)->AMP(component out)->Tosh TV(component in)

If you only have SCART connections on the DVD, then you'll need a RGB to Component converter (JS Tech do a great one - do a search on these forums for JS Tech or RGB2YUV)

Tosh DVD->Sky box->JS Tech RGB2YUV->Amp->Tosh

hope this is of some use and makes sense :)

regards
    Gary

3. Ianjo

Ianjo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Gary

Cheers for that - that has started to make it clearer - yes I have component connections on the DVD & TV so can do this.

Thanks

Ian