YAMAHA RXV1800 AMPLIFIER Advice Please

maxipax

Hi,
Have been recomended this amp YAMAHA RXV1800 AMPLIFIER, I will play standard dvd films through it and a pano bd30 for blu ray movies. Thinking of using KEF3005 not the se. ones.
Has anyone any advice, comments or knowledge on this amp, is it any good!!
Many thanks
Max

Member 116841

Distinguished Member
The RXV1800 will work well with the 3005's, we've had our 3005's on the end of a 3800 running Blu-Ray.....the combination of the amp and HD audio just makes them sound like a different package! Sounds good, easy to set up, and does everything you'd ever need it to. As far as we're concerned, it's the amp to beat below £1,000. :smashin:

swift1

Maxipax,
don't even think about, just get it mate.
I was thinking the same until I bought it a month ago. This amp looks and sounds absolutely fantastic, so easy to use and an excellent set up mic.

I was thinking of getting a Onkyo or Denon but I'm so glad I got the Yamaha instead!:clap:

scrufftyguy

Hi,
Been thinking about gettin' this receiver too. Anyone else got any positive/negative comments about it? I'm wanting to hook it up to Toshiba EP30, and Panasonic AX200 Projector. How does it compare to similar priced (£800) receivers such as Onkyo or Denon?
Cheers!

maxipax

Hi,
Many thanks for help,advice over the past few weeks, on speaker,amp and blu ray, Have just now purchased a bd30, yamamha 1800 and kef3005...
A very happy bunny, off to set up now...
Regards
max

scrufftyguy

Hi,
Many thanks for help,advice over the past few weeks, on speaker,amp and blu ray, Have just now purchased a bd30, yamamha 1800 and kef3005...
A very happy bunny, off to set up now...
Regards
max
It'd be good if you let us know how you get on with the yamaha!

Cheers!

maxipax

hi,
I certainly will, all come to a bit of a halt very quickly. It will not fit on my current av table. So having to wait till a new one arrives which I ordered today. Also my tv is missing at the moment, been repaired for the purple snake issue. I am really hoping to have everthing here by Thursday. Trouble is I am away for 3 days then.... Talk about agony, its all sat here waiting to be tinkered with....arrrrrh..
Never mind looks very good though, and have been placing the rear kefs ready..

chrissyman

Novice Member
If its an improvement on my rxv1700 then your in for a real treat, the 1700 is a gorgeous sounding amp,and the 1800 looks more or less the same which is good ,very classy.

grahampc

Standard Member
Hi all,
Has anyone any thoughts on the Video upscaling of this receiver?
I've heard that it upscales to 1080p. However, if you have a poor image to start with, can this receiver really make a difference?
Graham

R

RustyG

Hi Grahampc,

I upscale everything through my 1800 and get great results, even the Sky HD up to 1080p, its storming (new use of a very nice word, shame they domt call me norman)! What more could you want for less than 600 squid, blistering top sound (both std DD and DTS as well as the new codecs) but with ambience and grace when needed, excellent scaling and upconversion (try putting a VCR through it and upconverting, pretty damn good), more inputs than most people need and, once you've sussed it, easy operation. Dont see the point in paying for an Oinkyo (oops, sorry, Onkyo, nothing to do with their looks!) or a Denon as the Yamaha rocks. Cant speak dfor the Sony's but unless you spend a lot, you're never gonna get a bargain like this.
All in all, I am very happy with my purchase and will be a little surprised at anyone who isn't.

Cheers
RustyG :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic HX800 TV + Sony HT-G700 Soundbar reviews, movie and TV show news and reviews
Top Bottom