1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yamaha RXV1400RDS cheap where?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by TheeNoMaD, Oct 12, 2004.

Tags:
  1. TheeNoMaD

TheeNoMaD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys anyone who has seen some of my threads before will know im looking around for a new Av amp/receiver and the 1400 seems to have everything im after but at a push i can afford only £450 for it which might be stretching it a bit so does anyone know where i might pick one up for cheap?
    Cheers! :smashin:

2. ktng

ktng
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I doubt you will pick up one new in the UK for that sort of money. They can be had for £475-£500 from German dealers if you can find one that has any in stock. Alternatively you should be able to pick up a new RX-V1500 for the same sort of money from a German dealer.
    If you don't want to buy from Germany your next best bet is to try the classifieds forum.

3. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
  4. Baz1

Baz1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi There,
    Just bought a new one off ebay in Germany. Had to do a bank transfer, and it cost just 450.00. Will keep my fingers crossed.
    Thanks,
    Barry. :hiya:

5. Sigismund

Sigismund

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +102
    I know many people have bought amps etc. from companies in mainland Europe by paying money directly into a retailer's bank account, but the level of financial "safety" should something unforeseen happen is pretty dire.

Although I've never actually bought anything from them, at least these people take credit cards!

Sigs

6. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    I got my rxv1400 from Germany. It was as easy as gettin it from the UK nad delivered quicker and much cheaper:D

7. Sigismund

Sigismund

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +102
    I could have bought my 2400 from Germany for around £620.00, but had to pay by bank transfer. I found the site above where I could pay by credit card, which is obviously a much safer option. Unfortunately, they insisted I email them a copy of a credit statement and my actual credit card - kind of negates the "safety" aspect!

Ultimately, I went with HiFix and paid £692.50. I received the amp next day. Taking everything into account I think the extra £72.50 that I paid is a price worthy of peace of mind and speedy delivery... for me, anyway ;)

My point is - please take into consideration what could happen to your hard earned, should the worst come to fruition. :smashin:

Sigs

8. ktng

ktng
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yep I got mine from Germany as well and was an absolute doddle. The only downside for some people is as Sigismund pointed out that not many German etailers take credit/debit cards and so most transactions have to be done using a bank transfer; which was pretty straight forward to do, but it does add to the cost (approx. £10-£20 depending on your bank) and it does take around 5 working days to clear.

I did also find some German etailers that offered a cash on delivery service - this has the advantage that although it costs about the same as the bank transfer the goods are despatched straight away (if in stock) and if there was to be any problems you don't have to pay until the goods arrive.

Update:- I agree if the price difference was that small I probably would have got my 1400 from the UK as well, but when I got mine nobody was selling it at less than RRP of £799 so was more than happy to take the 'risk' for a saving of around £300. Of course sod's law was that within a month or so everybody was offering it at a discounted price although only by £100 or so at the start; it is only recently that is has reduced to less than £600.

Another thing to look for is that Germany have a similar scheme to the Which? Web Trader and so do offer some level of protection.

9. TheeNoMaD

TheeNoMaD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers guys but ja little out of my range still i did find it pretty cheap in singapore though like £450 ish but singapore!!! So i will have to be contented with either Yamaha 750se or the forthcoming Denon 2105 which i need to demo ^^
    Any opinions on that or what it will be like would be welcome too!

10. bikerbob

bikerbob
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Picked one up at the weekend from BOS Electronics in Ruislip, paid £550, although it would have been a little cheaper with cash. Krish were cheaper still, quoting £495, but had none in stock...as the 1400 is now discontinued you'll be lucky to find the kit in stock anywhere so if you get a good price go with it straight away! I know various Superfi branches have them, the best deal was from the Camden store at £600ish.

Have to say it's a superb piece of kit and well worth the money...I'm rediscovering my DVD collection!

11. TheeNoMaD

TheeNoMaD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    DAMN YOU!!!! taunting me ;)
    Cheers anyway though man and well done on getting one, i think i will settle for the 750se which is no bad thing.

12. Sigismund

Sigismund

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +102
    Cheapest I could find for the 1400 was £550

13. Radiohead

Radiohead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +433
    Not many 1400's left in the UK now by all accounts, they sold fast when retailers dropped £300 from their price.

14. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,243
    I have one boxed one left at £600.

15. ktng

ktng
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Looks like this German etailer has some titan 1400's in stock for approx £450, if anybody is still looking for a cheap 1400.

Delivery would be approx. £24 if paying by bank transfer or £33 if paying cash on delivery. They are a member of Trusted Shops (sort of like Which Web Trader) which I think gives some sort of protection.

I didn't get mine from here as they couldn't get stock when I was looking, but they were very helpful.

16. Vodder

Vodder
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you decide to buy from Germany (which I did) for goodness sake make sure its in stock first!!! Won't go into it, but if you do a search on the forums, you'll see my adventures tryng to get one. It took nearly 7 months, and the £325 saving was actually only about £100 when I got it - but it was worth it - the amp is beautiful!!! Tho some of me wishes I had got the 2400, but I couldn't afford that at the time.... :cool:

17. TheeNoMaD

TheeNoMaD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cool, what about taxes and things like that? Also how do i check if its in stock give em a call or something?

18. Vodder

Vodder
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No tax, as the price includes german tax already you don't have to pay any UK tax and also no import fees cos of the lovely EU :thumbsup:

I used www.gersdorf-online.de and emailed them first to see if was in stock and then he reserved it for me. I used Natwest to send the cash as it was only £10 - make sure its a relay transfer though, otherwise its about £18 for the same amount of time!

19. ktng

ktng
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well I posted that link because it was in stock - 'sofort ab Lager' translated is 'immediately from stock', but it wouldn't do any harm to phone or email them to confirm; I only ever emailed them, but they were very quick at answering emails.
    I also listed them as they are part of Trusted Shops and offer both bank transfer and cash on delivery and the cost of the cash on delivery charge is about the same as a bank transfer.

As Vodder says all taxes are paid :clap:

20. TheeNoMaD

TheeNoMaD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cool cool
    Cheers guys i guess come pay day i might rick it for that pretty amp but pay day is two weeks away so inless my luck holds i might be screwed

21. Baz1

Baz1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yamaha RX-V1400RDS
    Got my new amp yesterday from Germany. Bought it off ebay last Monday evening, did the bank transfer Tuesday and received it 7 days later (Monday 18thOct) £450 inc of postage, insurance, and bank transfer!
    A bargin I must say! Thanks,
    Barry. :D