Yamaha rxv1400

Yes I know, I looked at the AX3 as well but there is no component video switching which IMO is a major drawback especially when I use it for my projector.

Then also the yammy can upconvert composite and s-vhs so that you only have to run a single cable. Other then these shortcomings I would prefer the AX3. I have always had yamaha amps, starting with the DSPA3090, DSPA1 (then got divorced lost all of it) and lumped now with a DSP-A5!

Cheers

Tone

I've got an A5 too its superb, sure no 6 channel sound, but i dont have space for more speakers

I agree with you fordy.

I am looking forward to a move into a larger room and have wired in the speaker cables behind walls.

Unfortunately I only wired in 6 instead of 7 as I lost the plot regarding the stereo rear when using 7.1 in THX, so I am going to need another cable run under the carpet.

I am not sure what speakers to use for the rear centre at the mo, am currently using 601's (B&W) but want a smaller pair to handle the rear centre that are not too obtrusive.

I plan to sell my A5 to help cover the cost of the new Amp but dont expect to get much more than £100 for it tbh!

Cheers

Tone

I was waiting for this product, but after hearing about Yamaha's policy on it I'm going to stop waiting and consider denon/Pioneer.

I would'nt be so annoyed if we in the UK were not being ripped off. I expect some price discrepancy compared to the US, but when the German internet price for the 2400 is £560 approximately I find the UK price of £999 totally unacceptable.

tonetrainer - I'm considering ignoring the rules on front speakers matching and considering an M&K centre 850 to not match my monitor audio Silver 8i's. It was the best centre speaker I've heard for speech.
Unfortunately when I told the shop I had a Yamaha DSP-A1 they would'nt sell me the speakers as they would probably be painful with high pitched sounds !

Steve.

P.S. I notice that the German site named above has now removed it's price (and so have several others).:(

Avlands price is now back up to £800 as well

So much 4 customer loyalty, Pioneer here we come. But be wary, past experience says Pioneer will screw you if anything goes wrong

A big question though!

Is £800 for a 1400RDS that bad a price? The old yamaha faithfulls (like me I guess) would happily throw their money at this, it has a great feature set, its powerfull it has ProLogic IIx etc etc, what I was really struggling against was wether its worth buying the 2400RDS and the only diff between the two (1400&2400) is that you get a macro enabled remote and 10watts per channel more.

I guess the denon 3803 must be worth considering but I HATE that gold colour and dont want black anymore!

With regards to speakers I must admit that my 601's will get battered and therefore need some more powerfull speakers for the front stage.

We'll see I guess fortunately I am not in too much of a hurry and having been BITTEN big time in the past have learnt that you should never be an early adoptor of new consumer elec's kit!

Ho Hum!

3803 is available in silver

Originally posted by Fordy
if thats true, thats just pathetic, at the end of the day, its up to the retailer how much they charge right?

Yamaha still get the same amount of cash from the retailer for stock either way.

As good as yamaha are if the pioneer ax3 is £200 less than the 1400 i know which one i will buy

the 1400 for £800 its the best amp out there. and the 2400 has a little more power and a RS232.

yes it is up for the retailer to sell it at the price they want.
but dealers are not going to be behind a product if they make 10 quid on it, they will sell somthing else.
yamaha want to keep their english dealers happy so they encourage them strongly not to sell the products over the internet or at a discount. but if you go to your local store in sure you could sort out a package deal.

also consider this, though "yamaha" will cover their products warranty in this country if bought from abroad. you have to find a dealer to send it off for you (which they dont have to do if you didnt buy it from them) so now you got a faulty product which your local dealers wont touch and the internet firm just tells you to take it to a yamaha dealer.
then you have the problem if you contact yamaha UK yourself they will ask for the serial number and where it was purchased from, they dont have to touch the product as they didnt supply it, so you might be in the situation of sending a heavy box to germany or elsewhere, it would have to be recorded so costing more. and companys shiping goods about wont insure a broken item even if they lose it.

to be honest for me its too much hastle, and i dont mind paying a bit for peace of mind and service.

maybe im a sucker, but hey at least i got a product that works :laugh:

I've haggled my dealer to £700 at the mo (having spent £2000+ with them this year, I should think so) but I'm holding on for now. Maybe a power-buy could be organised?

maybe, but you goto check out the stock situation, remember its a new product and i doubt there are enough about yet.

ys-ys,
A bit of price difference, yes, I too am the same as you.
I constantly spend slightly more than it appears I need to, but I know in the case of a problem I'm ok.
That said, £400+ difference seems to be takeing the P*@@ a little. With that difference you could probably pay a courier to take it to Germany.
That said, from what an earlier poster said Yamaha will honour warranties within the EU (as they should), and the furthest it should have to go is within the UK.
By the way, I current think it is Yamaha that is overcharging the UK suppliers, not the dealers overcharging us. Check out the recommended Euro price in Germany.

Steve.

P.S. From past experience I think that AVLAND upped their price when requested to by the manufacturers. You may get some joy from a direct phone call, that is if any stock exists in the UK this year :)

Now theres a surprise, its like fuel, DVD's, Cars and everything else. The uk resident gets fleeced some more.

I think we have all seen the price of these types of devices only go down as time goes by. I for one will definately wait and not fall for the early buy.

I guess I would be happy to wait til end of qtr1 next year and see what happens whith the prices, I remember buying my panasonic ptae100 nearly 11 months ago for £1100 from Musical Images. What do they cost now? I think you can see what I am saying. I am now more patient than ever before ;)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom