1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Notice: AVForums will be offline at 10pm for no longer than 30 minutes for scheduled maintenance. Apologies for any inconvenience this causes.
    Dismiss Notice

Yamaha RXV1400 No Signal

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by betamac, Dec 9, 2004.

Tags:
  1. betamac

betamac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi i have my Sky + and DVD player plugged into my 1400 via Component and then the AMP is plugged into my plasma via Component,

Everythign was working fine until today when i changed the Hifi Stand i have put everything back and plugged it all in but now on SKY and DVD sources every few mins the Plasma loses the signal (just says no signal) now i know its not the plasma as i have the Gamecube plugged into plasma via component and its perfect

So its either the AMP or the Cable, i dont see why it would be the AMP considering it was fine this morning when i unplugged

So is cable likely problem? or anything else which could be causing it?

Thanks in advance

2. bbasra

bbasra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    why dont you try plugging the dvd player and sky box directly into the plasma, that way you can test the Dvd player, sky box and their cables, if all is well, then you know that problem lies with the amp or the cable from the amp into the plasma.

3. betamac

betamac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi m8

Right i did what you said and no problems atall with lost signal when DVD player in plugged directly in Plasma

Now that means its the AMP but what could of possibly happened moving it from one place to anouther? as it worked fine previous it was not dropped or knocked or anything.

Only other thing is power i have everything thing plugged into a 10 way extension before it was a 4 way would that cause a problem? if it was a power prob surely the display on the AMP would flicker off? it dosn't though

4. betamac

betamac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just tried plugging AMP into a different socket on its own and still happens so not power

Now i am stumped.

5. Fishbones

Fishbones
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi betamac.
    Do you have OSD from AMP via component to Plasma?
    I also have no signal from AMP to Plasma via component, not even OSD. I suspect the cable, but before taking everything apart, I would first like to confirm if it has anything to do with the settings.

6. betamac

betamac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Before i moved to AMP from 1 stand to anouther everything worked fine i had OSD no problems SKY and DVDs were perfect no loss of signal atall

After the move if i select OSD then it says no signal and wont display it if i choose SKY or DVD it looses signal every few mins for a few seconds extremely annoying, or in DVDs when your browsing the menus everytime the menu changes it goes no signal then comes back again.

The sound stays constant so its defo the video switching side of things, i have already eliminated cable problems by plugging the cable from plasma into DVD player and it works perfect no problems so defo not cable, surely it must be something simple as i only moved the damm thing lol