Yamaha rxv 671 calibration help

RobTi

Hi just a quick question and you will need to excuse me as I am on the phone and not at home but would like an answer for returning home.

After running the auto setup you can go in to the eq settings and there is 3 different settings available front, natural, and flat I think, so what do these mean for a novice

Thanks

Robert

dante01

Distinguished Member
After running the auto setup you can go in to the eq settings and there is 3 different settings available front, natural, and flat I think, so what do these mean for a novice

The amp has a parametric equaliser that adjusts the output levels for each frequency range. The equaliser is adjusted to produce a cohesive sound field based on automatically measured speaker characteristics.

In “EQ Type”, you can select the following parametric equaliser characteristics suitable for the desired sound characteristics.

Flat
This adjusts each speaker to obtain the same characteristics. Select this if your speakers have similar qualities with a flat response.

Front
This adjusts each speaker to obtain the same characteristics as the front left and right speakers. Select this if your front left and right speakers have significantly better qualities than the other speakers.

Natural
This adjusts all speakers to achieve natural sound. Select this if sounds in the high frequency range seem too strong when “EQ Type” is set to “Flat”.

I'd tend to suggest using Natural over Flat and only use Front if your surrounds are mismatched to your front stereo pair. It is very unlikely that you'll need to use the FRont setting if you purchased your speakers as a package or if the surrounds are from the same manufacturer and series as the front speakers. Note that you cannot change the PEQ type without having to run the calibration process again.

RobTi

Thanks very much for that explanation, I will run the set up again when I get home

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom