1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yamaha RXV-640RDS has some Scratches. Replacement Facia or Fill them in?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by tavueni, Feb 23, 2005.

Tags:
  1. tavueni

tavueni
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi All,

As part of my Home Cinema upgrade program (I've got the DVD player and just bought a new set of 5.1 speakers) I picked up an secondhand (and I was told unused) Titanium finished Yamaha RXV-640RDS Amp for £100 to get me by until I can afford to get a nice NEW amp.

It's in pretty good condition overall but the front facia has somehow picked up a few knocks and scratches. They're only on the top and bottom edges of the facia and they're not really bad but they are noticable and I get a bit anal about things like this :blush: and want to cover them up and get them sorted out.

Does anyone know if it's possible to get either get a replacement front facia or filling in the small scratches and re-touching them ? The front facia looks like it screws off from the bottom so I'm hoping I can just get a new one and replace it. If not, I don't mind getting filling the nicks and scratches in and refinishing them.

I know it is only short term and cosmetic but I do want to sort it out because I'm sure I'll put this amp to use somewhere else in the house once I get a new one and I would like it look nice in the process.

I'd REALLY appreciate anyone elses help, advice or experiences. Thanks for any help in advance! :beer:

tav

2. pragmatic

pragmatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,678
    I believe yamaha does have the spair parts, try emailing them fromt he uk website. It might be expensive and not worth it if it's an intermediate upgrade, not sure how you'd fill them in and keep the look though :confused: . You could always put it in a nice glass cabnet (sp) so you could see it but not to close and hence not see the detail.

3. tavueni

tavueni
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks gazbarber. The thing is that I'm a bit of an a*** like that because "I'll know it's there". Those kind of things are like a itch that you can't get rid of.

But still, good point :smashin: , I'll check Yamaha's website out and see if they can provide the spare facia. I'd appreciate any other ideas.

tav