Yamaha RXV-365 Help - no video through HDMI

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Ravage, Dec 25, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Ravage

Ravage
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, I got this as a christmas present and everything is great except there is no video coming out of the HDMI into my monitor, i've tried multiple cables to no avail, I'm yet to try moving it downstairs to see if it is the thing or not. I mean I can connect my 360 etc to my monitor directly but would be much simpler if I could get it to run through the receiver as planned and I'm worried/annoyed that I'll have to take it back.

I'm really really hoping i'm being thick but I don't know what to do so any help would be appreciated, thanks.

2. dwhite

dwhite

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,805
    Are you using a PC type resolution for your xbox video output to your monitor? Av receivers don't support resolutions that aren't your usual video ones (480p 720p 1080p etc.)

3. Ravage

Ravage
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No the xbox on VGA was doing 1920x1080 but with component at 1080p also that isn't the problem as far as I'm aware as I've tried my ps3 and it still doesn't work going to move it downstairs and try with sky + HD in a bit

4. dwhite

dwhite

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,805
    Actually 1080p over component isn't supported on a lot of devices either, so that might be your problem.

5. Ravage

Ravage
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :facepalm:
    It wasn't. The amp isn't expensive enough to convert component to HDMI so it doesn't work oh well got it all to work where the xbox connects to the monitor and stuff.