1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yamaha RXV-1400 Problem - Any Ideas ?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by wandersen, Sep 7, 2004.

Tags:
  1. wandersen

wandersen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Yamaha RXV-1400RDS. I've had for about a month, but until now it's been installed in a temporary location with just two front speakers and a sub while the main roo was being renovated.

Yesterday, I installed it in the main room. I am not getting any sound from the surround or surround back speakers. These speakers do work when using YPAO (which operated without fail), and also when using the test tones. However, playing any movie soundtrack, Dolby Pro-logic II, etc, I get no sound from the rear speakers. This is also the case using the internal tuner.

When I play a multi-channel SACD using by Pioneer DV-575, I select the multi-channel input, and only get sound from the front two speakers (ie - not even the sub).

Am I missing something here, or is it faulty (I hope it's not the latter, as the packaging has long since gone !).

2. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    go into the manual setup screens and have a look at what the ypao has set up. You might not have chosen to accept what the ypao found.

3. wandersen

wandersen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeo - tried a manual set-up as well .... still no sound from the rears :mad:

4. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    Do the rears work with a standard 5.1 dvd? Have you checked the setup options on the 575?

5. sharper

sharper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Sounds like you are in direct Stereo mode. What does the display on front say your listening mode is? (just my 2p) Over to you Dfour!

6. wandersen

wandersen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No rears with a standard 5.1 DVD, and I've checked the settings on the 575.

I've also checked to make sure pure direct mode is turned off ...

7. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    The it sounds like you have a problem with the amp. Do you get any sound out of the rears if you run the manual sound setup ? Im assuming you have the amp on dolby digital or dts when the dvd is playing ? and you get the 6 speakers lit up in the bottom right of the display lit up?

8. wandersen

wandersen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK - I have fixed the problem. I found on another forum how to do a "Master Reset", and this has fixed the problem.

I still have no idea what setting it was that was causing this to happen, but at least it is working now ! :)

9. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    ok just out of interest how do you do a master reset??

Im glad the problem is solved though :smashin: Now you can finaly enjoy the superb amp:D

10. wandersen

wandersen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Here's the method to resetting RX-V1400/RX-V2400 for anyone else that may be interested:

1) Make sure the reciever is off.

2) On the front panel, press the right side of the "Preset/Tuning" button and the "A/B/C/D/E". While holding those 2 buttons, press and hold the power button on the front panel and hold all three buttons for 5 seconds before releasing.

3) Turn the "Program" knob to number 11.

4) Press the right side of the "Preset/Tuning" button and search for "Preset RSRV"

5) Hit the power button while "Preset RSRV" is displayed and leave the unit off for 15 seconds or more. Turn it back on and everything should be back to factory defaults.