Yamaha RXA2a / Nvidia Shield / Dolby Vision issue

Zursen

Hey Guys,

I've been having issues with Dolby Vision when using my Nvidia shield, if I watch Netflix or play a file through Nvidia shield that uses Dolby Vision then the screen will go black yet I can still hear sound. I can interact with my Nvidia shield but just can't see what I'm doing! Have to turn it off/on again to get rid of the black screen.

I specifically purchased decent HDMI 2.1 cables for this, both of which work fine with Dolby Vision when I go from Nvidia Sheild to my TV directly. Only when I have it set as Nvidia > AVR > TV does it have an issue. I tested both cables individually and they work fine.

I updated my Yamaha RX A2a to the latest firmware, same with all my devices. TV is an LG OLED C9.

Is there something I'm missing, I feel like this should just work but I'm quite new to this. Any pointers for this?

Any help appreciated.

blofse

Hey Guys,

I've been having issues with Dolby Vision when using my Nvidia shield, if I watch Netflix or play a file through Nvidia shield that uses Dolby Vision then the screen will go black yet I can still hear sound. I can interact with my Nvidia shield but just can't see what I'm doing! Have to turn it off/on again to get rid of the black screen.

I specifically purchased decent HDMI 2.1 cables for this, both of which work fine with Dolby Vision when I go from Nvidia Sheild to my TV directly. Only when I have it set as Nvidia > AVR > TV does it have an issue. I tested both cables individually and they work fine.

I updated my Yamaha RX A2a to the latest firmware, same with all my devices. TV is an LG OLED C9.

Is there something I'm missing, I feel like this should just work but I'm quite new to this. Any pointers for this?

Any help appreciated.
So there is a couple of issues here. The LG tvs have an issue with the latest firmware that's effected dolby vision support, but not nesesarilly on the yamahas. There is however a bug with the yamahas and there isn't a software fix for it yet, where dv content on the shield will not show initially, and the workaround is to hit the setup button (or options) and back, which will trigger dv content to work. Another alternative is to switch source and then switch back, which also solves the issue.

Just FYI, I have virtually the same setup as you - a B9, A2a and a shield 2019. It's a great setup yes? 😁

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom