Yamaha RX-V867 Disassembly - Flat Ribbon Cable Removal

RJohnsonMN

Novice Member
First post. I have a Yamaha RX-V867 AV receiver connected to a 1080 / 120Hz Samsung LED TV in the family room. The Yamaha receiver is adequate for the vintage TV to which it is connected. The receiver was acquired for $9 at a Goodwill auction. I initially had some power-up issues, which I resolved. The right-side channel intermittently cuts out out and occasionally causes a power fault. I've got the service manual and started tearing the receiver apart. I've hit a snag with removing the board-to-board flat ribbon cables. The ribbon cables have connection pads on one side and a flat rectangle of blue plastic on the opposite side. The connectors I've come across in laptops have a plastic bar that is rotated to lock / unlock the cable in the connector. I don't see anything similar in the Yamaha receiver. If you know the connector manufacturer, that certainly helps. Or better yet, how to free the cable,

Ralph

noiseboy72

Distinguished Member
They normally slide about 1mm towards the ribbon cable. A finger nail is normally enough to dislodge them, but you can use a knife blade if required.

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom