• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Yamaha RX-V800RDS - Urgent help

Smudgster

Novice Member
:cool:HI all,

I took delivery of my new tv today, whilst sorting everything out i turn everything off at the plug.

When I switched it back on my amp seems to havr reset itself thus losing all my settings :mad::mad::mad:

Not to bad I thought, no problem to sort. Ha thats where I am wrong,

Tosh HD Dvd Ep35 - Working fine, great sound
Sky - Working fine no problem
PS3 - bluerays no problem works fine

This is where it gets very strange and i am now pulling my hair out. If I load a game on either my PS3 or Xbox 360 the amp switchs over to Dolby Digital no problem but the Centre speaker is not working. Sound is coming out of my 4 surround sound speakers. Not matter what I have tried I dont seam to be able to get it to work.

Im not sure but i thought whenever I played games the amp displayed "PCM", It is not showing now so im not sure if thats got anything to do with it. I have not amended any settings on the PS3 or Xbox 360

Please help as this is doing my nut in LOL!!!

Thanks
Smudge

nero0410

Distinguished Member
:cool:HI all,

I took delivery of my new tv today, whilst sorting everything out i turn everything off at the plug.

When I switched it back on my amp seems to havr reset itself thus losing all my settings :mad::mad::mad:

Not to bad I thought, no problem to sort. Ha thats where I am wrong,

Tosh HD Dvd Ep35 - Working fine, great sound
Sky - Working fine no problem
PS3 - bluerays no problem works fine

This is where it gets very strange and i am now pulling my hair out. If I load a game on either my PS3 or Xbox 360 the amp switchs over to Dolby Digital no problem but the Centre speaker is not working. Sound is coming out of my 4 surround sound speakers. Not matter what I have tried I dont seam to be able to get it to work.

Im not sure but i thought whenever I played games the amp displayed "PCM", It is not showing now so im not sure if thats got anything to do with it. I have not amended any settings on the PS3 or Xbox 360

Please help as this is doing my nut in LOL!!!

Thanks
Smudge

I used to have this amp once unpon a time, the first thign I would suggest is to check the wireing.
Though when I played my 360 through it, it didn't come up as PCM it came up as Dolby Digital.

Check all your connections, and this may seem strange but if you have no difference change the optical cables round the oppasite way and see if that helps

tris

Smudgster

Novice Member
Still having no joy, i have tried everything I can think of. I know its still not right as I turn the volume up now to -50db, before i wouldnt turn it up higher then -60db.

Going to pull amp out and disconnect everything tomoz and start again i think, if that dont work ONKYO 605 here I come lol

Any Ideas???

Smudge

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom