yamaha rx v771 with boston accoustics xs5.1

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by redders1, Dec 27, 2011.

Tags:
  1. redders1

redders1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    im thinking of buying the yamaha rx v771 but just want to check can my bostons work with that av amp?

2. KUBBY

KUBBY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +664
    Hi

No reason why they shouldn't. What are your concerns?

K.

3. redders1

redders1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    no concerns realy just wanted to check as I'm updating from my Onkyo 606. I was looking at the yam 671 which would be the kind of the upgrade to go for but then I saw the v771 at a good price.

thanks

4. PSM1

PSM1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,409
    The 671 is really a side ways step from your current receiver and the 771 is not going to be a huge upgrade in terms of sound quality. With either of these receivers all you are really going to get is more features i.e. 3D you are not going to get a real improvement in sound quality. Also, although your speakers will work OK they are not going to get anywhere near the best from your new receiver (you are not getting anywhere near the best from your current receiver either).
    If you want an improvement in sound quality I would say you would be better spending your money on new speakers and not a new receiver.

5. redders1

redders1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I hear what your saying PSM1 but my Onkyo has that HDMI issue which i'm sure you've herd about (no more Onkyo's for me) didn't even last two years before it started plus for size reasons my bostons are just great for what I need.
    Maybe one day I will in future upgrade my speakers (maybe when kids get bigger) but for now just want to get a decent amp that will last longer than two years plus I got a 3d tv which is next to useless for games whith my Onkyo.
    What speakers would you of suggested anyway PSM1 bearing in mind size and everything.

thanks for all the help :thumbsup:

6. PSM1

PSM1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,409
    I would look at the Monitor Audio HD range or Kef 2005 as a good place to start.
    THe other option would be to save a little money and go for the Yamaha 471/571 instead or even the Denon 1912 which is the same level as the 671 but only £300.